Forums

Help › Forums

new format

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 16 2020 10:23 AM (8 replies)
  • DComer904
    2 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 6:00 AM

I have yet to be able to run the new format, downloaded, installed, window opens but nothing launches, running Windows 8, 8 GB RAM , Intel HD 4600 graphics chipset. Any ideas???

• GolfNomad
    299 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 6:43 AM

Hmm perhaps W8..its free to upgrade to W10..go to the MS site.

• ScottHope
    10,105 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 8:27 AM

Maybe try updating your graphics driver.

• ljelliott69
    38 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 1:46 PM

I have downloaded the new format. After 10 years of being a good customer they have lost me with the piece of garbage that they are trying to sell to people. Terrible!

• ljelliott69
    38 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 1:47 PM

Anyone know any other golf games available on the net?

• yobooya
    899 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 2:08 PM

I don't know of any other games but I agree with your comments. I have been working on playing the app and all I can get out of it is you go through ball like a banshee from hadees! It's like no one wanted take the time to upgrade the regular game! 

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 3:22 PM

ScottHope:

Maybe try updating your graphics driver.

Or get a good video card from Nvidia or AMD. Many people just have the integrated video card that came with their computer and in many cases those cards are very poor, I had my PC built mainly to play Fallout 4 It has a mid range Nvidia Geforce GTX video card. It renders the new version very well, And contrary to what some players are saying the graphics are even better than flash, 

• ScottHope
    10,105 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2020 1:13 AM

Lets not get confused here Joe. Integrated graphics refers to the graphics being handled by the CPU which will have a graphics processor on it as well.

Not all CPUs have integrated graphics.

I think you mean a dedicated graphics card which comes with your PC when purchased. You can replace it for a better one (or even a worse one!) if it becomes faulty. But it should not be referred to as integrated graphics.

• SamSpayed
    4,907 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2020 10:23 AM

Your PC or laptop's integrated graphics should have plenty of power to render the graphics in the new PC app.  WGT is not that graphics-intensive.  I've played the new PC app with both my Intel HD Graphics 630 (integrated graphics processor) and my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (dedicated graphics card).  No noticeable difference in gameplay between the two.

RSS