Forums

Help › Forums

2020 Andyson Tournament Scores/Info Here

Mon, May 10 2021 4:01 PM (301 replies)
  • chunter26
    219 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 3:10 PM

Congrats to gorilamike, we had a gr8 match, he won 1 up. He was really a very nice guy. Easy to schedule match and really enjoyed playing the match with him. I wish him well going forward.

Chuck

• gorilamike
    220 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 3:30 PM

Just played the Match Play at BPB F9 with CHunter. Is always a pleasure meeting quality people here regardless of the match outcomes. Minus one loose drive (I suspect that the meter was the culprit, but Chuck would'nt say) which brought us back to square, the match was tight all the way to the wire and tipped in my favor, 1up on 9. Well-played and a new aquaintance found - Cheers Chuck

• STICKY63
    375 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 4:18 PM

Jacktrade51(Tom) and I just finished our match play. It took 4 extra holes to come up with a winner. Hole #4 was Tom's Achilles heel today. We made plenty of birdies, just a couple miscues throughout the match. 

Sticky63 wins 1 up after 13. 

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 4:42 PM

Just played my stroke play game.

The front 9 was shocking, with poor approaches and poor putting.  It was better on the back 9, although even then the 3 pars were pretty easy birdie putts, the 18th from only 6ft uphill, but the dots lied and the putt stayed straight rather than turning R-L as the dots showed.  The final score of 60 was helped in no small part by the HIO on #17; a little lucky maybe, but all HIOs are lucky to some extent.

HIO #17

Earlier today played my matchplay game against Giraldin.  Bad tee shots on #2 and #3 put paid to my chances.  Although I did pull it back to being 1dn it simply wasn't enough.  Good game, and good luck going forward.

In case I don't go any further, many thanks for organising this tournament once again.  Fabulous turnout from so many players to honour one of WGT's most favourite characters in Andyson; his WGT National Enqiurer posts and Hitler video posts will never be forgotten by those of us who were privileged enough to see them.  And he wasn't just funny, he was a very clever man, spending a lot of time investigating such things as meter spikes, the impact of friends lists on the meter, and many other things.  Probaby ok to say this now that he is no longer with us and so nothing WGT can do about it, but Andy even found the server where WGT kept all their course files, so he knew what was in the pipeline.  He even managed to create single practice holes by using these files... long before WGT ever did this!  As I said, a very clever man, and I enjoyed every minute we spent on Skype together, and there were many!

Finally, one of my favourite moments from down memory lane with Andyson.  We had been chatting on Skype for a while one evening, and as we often did we finished with a game.  We usually played match play, but we decided on this occasion to play alt shot, each taking a random.  It was late for me in the UK (8 hours in front of Andy), and after a few holes I dozed off.  Andy told me afterwards that he watched me time out once (being a quick player I never did this... unless I was busy typing in chat!), and as the clock was running down for the 2nd time he realised I must have fallen asleep, backed up by me not answering him when he spoke to me on Skype.  His quick thinking ended the Skype call and then called me back, the incoming call sound waking me up and allowing me to play my shot before the timer ran out for the 2nd time.  Brilliant!

• woogster
    174 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 5:00 PM
    08.23.20 Bethpage Black Full 18 Legend 65
  • twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 5:43 PM

An early sayonara for me in match play, ihaulpoop was steady and solid throughout for the win.

Well played Randy, good luck the rest of the way!

• jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 5:50 PM

STICKY63:

Jacktrade51(Tom) and I just finished our match play. It took 4 extra holes to come up with a winner. Hole #4 was Tom's Achilles heel today. We made plenty of birdies, just a couple miscues throughout the match. 

Sticky63 wins 1 up after 13. 

So Tick game me a gift on the 1st hole pulling his shot way left.  Then I gave it back on 4;  I am used to going over the green to the left on the par 5 but hit way late so into bunker.  Death.  From 5-9 we halved everything, with birdies on 8 and 9, in OT we had birdies on 1-3.  Then I messed up on 4 again.  Sigh.

He played a little better and deserved the win.

Tom.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 7:49 PM

Hi

I won my game against Qputts. It was a very going n easy to set up.

Robert really got an early 1 up on hole 2 as i had to pluck some mangoes from the tree n it took me till hole 9 to get back to AS. Thereafter went to extras n won 1 up on hole 1.

Ty vm

- Carl 

• gorilamike
    220 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 7:56 PM
    08.22.20 Bethpage Black Full 18 Tour Champion 59
  • txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2020 8:42 AM

As far as stroke play goes.....I put down a 60 on BPB. That's the best I've ever slung there and I ain't been playin' much at all. Thanks for the bird on the 18th, Dennis.....I know you had somethin' to do with it....hehhehhee.

~txzdave~

RSS