Help › Forums

Freezing is terrible!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 25 2009 2:29 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dAnRexRode22
    3 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 1:42 PM
    I would love to be able to play a full round that didn't take a day or two of freezing up and staggering meters and loading timeouts. If this is such a good site WGT should hire someone to program it so it would at least play as fast as my grandaughter's kiddy games!
  • geordieles
    516 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 1:55 AM
    You may have a problem at your end because i dont have many problems playing the game,the odd cliche now and then but nothing major like your having.
  • Wendybabe
    7 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 3:28 AM

Hi-

I have the same issues, you'll find that WGT has no answers, they prefer to blame your system, browser, internet connection, etc...take your pick, as long as the issue isn't them or their programming. Most of the HELP(less)  people, don't know their way out of a paper bag if you spotted them the opening.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 4:18 AM

Wendybabe:
    Most of the HELP(less)  people,

I have found that the WGT is taking very good care of its customers...I believe the latest updates are a reflection of they're hard work and dedication to this site.The meter seems to be working pretty good on my end after I fulfilled all the System Requirements. 

• PadraigMurphy
    16 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 6:45 AM

It has to be WGT's end. I have several problems every day and several others I know do as well.It really pisses me off when I am in the middle of a great round or in the wind up for a tee off or short game and the damn stroke power meter just freezes or a time out pops up.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 9:42 AM

Can you describe in more detail your system specs, your browser, and whether you are running programs in the background? http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 7:21 AM
    I'm thinking of buying a Dell GX620 SFF Intel p4, 2.8GHz HT, 2GB DDR2, 160GB. Will this in any way help meter lag & game freeze.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 8:14 AM

No one needs to buy new computers just because of this game, that would be ridiculous. I play the game on a 3-year-old laptop without any significant problems, and I played it on an even older laptop just fine, too, although I had to make sure the game was the only thing running on it.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 8:45 AM
    Need a new comp. anyway. Just wondering if those specs are good 4 here?
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 9:03 AM

resozv

The 2 main things to looks for in a computer that will affect WGT game play are RAM and CPU.  

Dual Core machines almost entirely eliminate swing meter stutter, since most stutters are caused by another application on your machine making a demand on the processor when you are swinging.  Therefore if the programs are written properly they will not tax the same "core".  Also if an application is writing to your hard drive your meter will go crazy!! Therefore if you have the means the Intel® Pentium®  D Processor with Dual Core Technology for the Dell GX620 should preform better.

The second thing is RAM - having 2 gig's or more is plenty and would work fine.

Lastly not computer related, but affects your game is your internet connection.  I have never see great game play over a wireless network.  it will stutter.  Also if your internet connection speed is slow (regardless if you have cable or  DSL or dialup) you will be constantly loading assets and it will affect your cpu and bandwidth which will affect your meter.  you can go here to test your connection speed http://www.speedtest.net/  More often than not the actual speed you think you have is throttled down by your isp and can be very slow.

• PAGES
RSS