Help › Forums

Showdown - Elimination Round was not able to complete

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 26 2020 2:49 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2020 1:01 PM

I just did the elimination round for the Showdown.

I was -8 through 15 holes and started playing hole 16 on Bethpage.

I got an Eagle to drop from the fairway to go -10 and my opponent missed a par putt and he forfeited the match.  The page would never load and it came up with cancel and retry option.

I tried clicking retry but nothing ever happened.  So the match ended and i did not get credit for my Eagle to go -10 nor did i get the opportunity to play the last 2 holes.

My scorecard show -8 through 18 holes.

Does not seem right for this to happen to anyone.  If your opponent gets mad and forfeits the match we should be able to complete our round and get credit for the score we actually shot.  

Has this happen to anyone else.  Is there anything that WGT can do to make the score more accurate.  I just want the opportunity to compete fairly.  

Hopefully the -8 will be good enough for me to make the finals.

If not hopefully someone will make it right so i can compete in the final round.

Thanks,

Michael

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2020 4:03 PM

I had a player hit the ball ob on the 1st hole it let me finish the 3 holes alone.

fireman33

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 4:05 AM

Yes i have been able to complete round as well after opponent quit but this time the page would not load and came up with error message like it does when you loose internet connection.  But my internet was working fine so not sure why it would not load so i could continue.  Hope -8 will be good enough for me to get to the Finals.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 4:45 AM

mrm6400:

Yes i have been able to complete round as well after opponent quit but this time the page would not load and came up with error message like it does when you loose internet connection.  But my internet was working fine so not sure why it would not load so i could continue.  Hope -8 will be good enough for me to get to the Finals.

Should have been -10. I have been waiting for them to fix the showdowns, so I can play them.

Every Showdown, they have issues like this.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 6:07 AM

Next time,if it gives you the retry/cancel option, try cancel, it sometimes works.

• Dharla
    316 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 9:09 AM

This is my first showdown tournament and I just finished the elimination rounds. I had 2 opponents forfeit and 1 disconnected. I was able to finish all 3 of those rounds so no complaint there.

My question though is under prizes it shows 100 players will win something but in the elimination round the cut off line is at 50. How can there be prizes for 100 players if only 50 make it to the finals?

Dharla

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 11:50 AM

DonCaron:

I have been waiting for them to fix the showdowns, so I can play them.

Every Showdown, they have issues like this.

Same here.  I would love to try the Showdowns, but will not waste credits on something that has such obvious bugs.  There have been many posts about this here in the Forums.  WGT has done nothing to fix the problems, or even acknowledge that there ARE problems.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 12:08 PM

mrm6400:
    The page would never load and it came up with cancel and retry option.

Same happens to me every showdown. It happened 4 out of 6 rounds during elimination round today. 

Always tap cancel, then wait. It'll count down (you won't see clock, but the spinning circle will be seen), and you'll get a "you timed out warning" and then you can continue the game on your own. Be patient while it counts down.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 12:14 PM

SamSpayed:
    WGT has done nothing to fix the problems, or even acknowledge that there ARE problems.

I share your frustrations and reservations with showdowns... but it might be a little unfair to suggest WGT has done nothing ... in the very first showdown, they did hear about and begin working on potential fixes... such that players could complete their rounds or restart the 3 holes without being assessed bogies.

I too was hoping to see the number of complaints go down, but as you note they have persisted each showdown. We just don't know the extent to which they are still occuring but that we still read about someone experiencing issues.  Is this 1 out of 10 people or 1 out of 1000.  If we had an idea of the odds or likelihood of these instances occurring we could make better decisions regarding our own participation, but based on what we see - it leaves us thinking or feeling the chances are more like 1 in 10, but that is hard for us to know for certain.

Now, I am not a software wizard or guru, but I also believe and suspect the problems can and are also sometimes initiated by players who are intentionally trying to undermine the coin game, which inhibits the corrective measures WGT has tried to implement.  So I think it makes this an even trickier fix possibly and it isn't necessarily WGT fault when people are finding ways to glitch the game.  It is unfair and bad form however.

Players exit, quit, shutdown, or willingly go through steps to forfeit properly all react differently ... So, I imagine it can be tricky to isolate every type of situation players are trying to do --- especially when some players learn they can close or stall the game and force their opponent to lock up and virtually steal a coin room win.  

You may have more insight into the tech issues on this with some of your tech background based on what I have read in some post.  I am speculating somewhat based on observations made. 

• mcgozer
    80 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 1:03 PM

Usually your opponent isn't in the Showdown, just a random coin room player. Doesn't matter to them whether they stick around and play it out, or quit. Maybe all players in a Showdown match should be registered in the Showdown?

(Yeah, I know. It would probably take forever to find an opponent and nobody has time for that...)

• PAGES
RSS