Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge "2020"

Fri, Nov 20 2020 10:45 PM (452 replies)
  • Golfdawg01
    496 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 12:21 PM
    Hi, I tried to sign up on the sheet, but it came up as VIEW ONLY. Can I get you to enter my partner and I? We are both in US, so we would play in Division A. My partner is LilaGolfsMA and I am Golfdawg01. Thanks for your help. John
  • JDGHOST
    6,778 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 3:33 PM

RANGER1988:

Woodoworkery:

Don't mean to rock the boat, but NV is the future of WGT, so just like the world cup was only flash I think this tournament should be only New Version.

Also how are you going to control abilities. Who is responsible to show that all abilities are off?

Your not rocking the boat at all, it's a great submission and what you speak of is 100% correct, PCEA is going to be the future of WGT with Flash not being supported later this Year, beginning of Next Year.

My hope is that both format's of Players can find a way of playing this Year's Tournament with Integrity, Honesty, and Sportsmanship. With the closing of Sign-up's steadily approaching, it would be quite immortal of myself to change the formatting this late into the process.

All I can ask is that PCEA Players turn off their Apparel Boosts, and Flash Players do not use any Focus Boosts, and just play in this Championship to make new Friend's and have fun with our existing one's.

Thanks again for your Submission

All Participant's have been entered onto the Sign-up Link on Page #1

For one...There is some debate to how long flash will actually be able to be used but even if the "NV" is the future (or the downfall lol) That does not start until 2021? And seeing how that's the case and how this event should be over by then ...Then it should run as the World Cup IMHO... Flash only...

But as a comprise it seems the tourney organizer here has decided to appease both sides the Majority and the Minority... So from what I understand if a match is played between "Cross platforming" players The "Flash" player or players MUST set up the game...I am told that disables the ridiculous unrealistic enhancements and clear advantage the PCEA player would have...

JD 

• JDGHOST
    6,778 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 3:35 PM

Please also sign up RooterUSA and Lowcay to group A ( For some reason he was unable to post here)....

Thanks

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 6:32 PM

All Pairing's have been entered on the Sign-up Sheet Link on the 1st Post

An absolutely amazing turnout so far with 118 Teams equaling 236 Participant's!

Thank you for everyone Participating this Year!

JUST 5 MORE DAY'S LEFT TO SIGN-UP BEFORE THE CUT-OFF ON TUESDAY

AUGUST 4TH, 2020

Thanks,

• AceOfClubs44
    13 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 7:20 PM

Please add AceofClubs44   and Otter57Lance  to group A

Thank You

• JDGHOST
    6,778 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2020 5:15 AM

Ranger,

Unless you know something I don't .....these teams seem to be incorrect?

According to forum in my club QA47er should be paired with buckwheat1947 

alleyezonmygame/Qa47eR
    buckwheat1947/floridaforever

OK I am trying to sort this with players involved...There seems to be some confusion

My apologies Ranger 

JD

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2020 7:15 AM

JDGHOST:

RANGER1988:

Woodoworkery:

Don't mean to rock the boat, but NV is the future of WGT, so just like the world cup was only flash I think this tournament should be only New Version.

Also how are you going to control abilities. Who is responsible to show that all abilities are off?

Your not rocking the boat at all, it's a great submission and what you speak of is 100% correct, PCEA is going to be the future of WGT with Flash not being supported later this Year, beginning of Next Year.

My hope is that both format's of Players can find a way of playing this Year's Tournament with Integrity, Honesty, and Sportsmanship. With the closing of Sign-up's steadily approaching, it would be quite immortal of myself to change the formatting this late into the process.

All I can ask is that PCEA Players turn off their Apparel Boosts, and Flash Players do not use any Focus Boosts, and just play in this Championship to make new Friend's and have fun with our existing one's.

Thanks again for your Submission

All Participant's have been entered onto the Sign-up Link on Page #1

For one...There is some debate to how long flash will actually be able to be used but even if the "NV" is the future (or the downfall lol) That does not start until 2021? And seeing how that's the case and how this event should be over by then ...Then it should run as the World Cup IMHO... Flash only...

But as a comprise it seems the tourney organizer here has decided to appease both sides the Majority and the Minority... So from what I understand if a match is played between "Cross platforming" players The "Flash" player or players MUST set up the game...I am told that disables the ridiculous unrealistic enhancements and clear advantage the PCEA player would have...

JD 

Hi JD,

Unfortunately Re the Flash player setting up the AS game if others are on NV (PCEA) this does not disable the Abilities of the NV (PCEA) player if that player has them on

Ken

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2020 8:51 AM

My best advice would be if say two of your players are playing against a players/players on NV (PCEA) you or anyone can open up NV & do a Player Search & when you click on their Profile you can check their Apparel & see what Abilities are on or off

Ken

• JDGHOST
    6,778 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2020 9:57 AM

Kenher01:

Unfortunately Re the Flash player setting up the AS game if others are on NV (PCEA) this does not disable the Abilities of the NV (PCEA) player if that player has them on

Ken

Ken my man always good to hear from ya m8...

Now according to Yiannis and thru some experimenting and testing by myself and some friends ....The following Yiannis quote below  seems accurate...

"Paul is probably wright here as a launcher player, but i would like to clear something. The advantages do not work indeed in the game but the numbers on the clubs (for instance 299 for a driver, 258 for wood) do not change....simply the yardage is the typical one of the clubs. We verified this yesterday."

The "Flash player has to be the host....What will happen is the PCEA'r will show extra club distances in his profile but in fact they "SEEM" not to be working?

JD

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2020 11:04 AM

JDGHOST:

Kenher01:

Ken

Ken my man always good to hear from ya m8...

Now according to Yiannis and thru some experimenting and testing by myself and some friends ....The following Yiannis quote below  seems accurate...

"Paul is probably wright here as a launcher player, but i would like to clear something. The advantages do not work indeed in the game but the numbers on the clubs (for instance 299 for a driver, 258 for wood) do not change....simply the yardage is the typical one of the clubs. We verified this yesterday."

The "Flash player has to be the host....What will happen is the PCEA'r will show extra club distances in his profile but in fact they "SEEM" not to be working?

JD

Correct JD,

Came up 13 yd's short just there of what i should have had, Abilities were on but didn't work as Flash player set up

Ken

RSS