Forums

Help › Forums

Always thought WGT was unrealistic...

Sat, Jul 11 2020 11:41 AM (8 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,465 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 3:48 PM

I was wrong. Watch this "Mad Scientist" play! We may be witnessing golf entering a new phase.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 4:34 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I was wrong

Ya, the title of the thread was a little off. This is as real as it gets. Compare it to what you see on TV for verification.  

p.s., Now comes the steroid discussion.  :-)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,465 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 4:51 PM

YankeeJim:

Compare it to what you see on TV for verification.  

p.s., Now comes the steroid discussion.  :-)

Yeah, just phenomenal!

Maybe it's time to seriously consider banning certain equipment for pro golfers, like they did in baseball where aluminum or corked bats are banned.

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 3:23 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Maybe it's time to seriously consider banning certain equipment for pro golfers, like they did in baseball where aluminum or corked bats are banned.

Nick Faldo has gone on record advocating banning the use of tees when driving, He  says it would be the easiest  and most logical way to reduce the long drives, With the drivers of today being very hard to hit off of the deck there might be many players opting for a 3 wood off the tee box or going to drivers with smaller shallower heads with higher lofts. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,465 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 2:05 PM

borntobesting:
    Nick Faldo has gone on record advocating banning the use of tees when driving, He  says it would be the easiest  and most logical way to reduce the long drives, With the drivers of today being very hard to hit off of the deck there might be many players opting for a 3 wood off the tee box or going to drivers with smaller shallower heads with higher lofts. 

Yes, it'd be very effective. Drivers with shallower (smaller) heads & higher lofts... sounds like going back to the past, though.

And I hope WGT wouldn't adopt the same because driving on the ground here, the ball doesn't even move an inch.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 2:49 PM

Maybe scale back the ball. Seems that would do the trick. Early golf had leather sacks filled with feathers. (Rumor has it TMs play like that.)  LOL

Or back to the days where a bad hit got you smiled at. :-)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,465 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 3:45 PM

Little leather sacks filled with feathers!

I wonder how far pros now can hit with them. Maybe it would just explode on the tee. LOL

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 7:46 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Little leather sacks filled with feathers!

I wonder how far pros now can hit with them. Maybe it would just explode on the tee. LOL

Not very far, I would say.

Rory and Tiger hit a 3 Wood 270 Yards off the ground. It would be interesting to see them hit the leather ball.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 11:41 AM

A lot of players here, I find, have no feathers...just an empty sack.

Word.

RSS