• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2020 8:48 AM

Hi friends, 

New update releasing shortly. 

Here's the goods: 

• Cobra Clubs
    • In-game left/right menus are now consolidated to only the left side
    • Opponent profile can now opened by selecting opponent profile photo in top right
    • Scrolling improvements 
    • Restart button added to left-side menu for games that can be restarted
    • Windowed mode in 1920x1080 will no longer lose the bottom of the screen. Instead it will understand the available workspace and make itself fit the space. This isn't perfect yet and it keeps it's original aspect ratio, so in addition to losing height to fit the space it also loses width to keep the aspect ratio. 
    • Keybindings (phase 1) 

Keybindings do not yet have a list in the game and does not support custom keybindings yet. We expect to bring this out in phase 2 at the end of July. 

Key Bindings
    Back/Close/Cancel/Open Left Side Menu ESC
    Open Chat T
    Open Shot Type Left Shift
    Remove/Replace Flag Stick F
    Open Club Selection TAB
    Open Camera Controls SPACEBAR
    Camera 1 (when camera control is open) 1
    Camera 2 (when camera control is open) 2
    Camera 3 (when camera control is open) 3
    Camera 4 (when camera control is open) 4
    Camera 5 (when camera control is open) 5

Important Note! We redid the in-game left/right menu. All the same items are available except the "Visible to Friends" checkbox. This is currently unavailable in the game and will be brought back in the new settings panel for PCEA which is due to released in July. 

_CHAMPION 

• ScottHope
    10,110 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2020 8:48 PM

Thanks Champ, good stuff.

Feels weird to have keybindings for a game that's never had any before, except the spacebar.  : )

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 7:14 AM

Champion,

Thanks for the update and explaining what and where to find new changes.

Most changes are good and welcome. 

I don't get or like the change with 1920x1080

When i tried the different options i loose the screen on the bottom and can't see meter.

When i make smaller it is too much of desktop showing.

We were looking for the Fullscreen to remain but just have a downsize option at the top.

Maybe it will come later or maybe it is not possible yet but for me the screen size of 

1920x1080 is great and i will just use Microsoft key and M to downsize when needed.

Will wait for the new Settings panel in Early Access.

Why are so few people using Steam ?

Any thoughts.  Should we all give up on Steam and just do the Launcher app ?

Why should any of us use Steam ?

Communication is what we were told but they want to charge you for a friends list.

I don't get it.

Michael

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 8:04 AM

It would be fantastic if we could drag the screen to the size we want.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 12:10 PM

Steam does ask that users spend $5 to unlock their social features. 

The reason for this is to deter negative social impact that can be done by users starting many new accounts. They might do that to review bomb or be abusive to a member, etc.. 

Steam and PCEA can play together. It's up to you what platform you want to use. 

The 1920x1080 windowed mode got a little strange and required a patch that undid the change for users that had encountered issues, or would have encountered issues. 

The issue caused a hard crash on start up. The patch allowed those players to continue, but the resolution update will not work properly for them. 

_CHAMPION 

• woogster
    174 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 2:29 PM

Hey Champ,

I had to uninstall the PCEA version from my computer this mornig do to it locked up when trying to open up.

Whe I tried to reinstall it says I can't because an older version of the installer can't be removed, the thing is I removed all old files and still get this message.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve(woogster)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2020 2:57 PM

woogster:

Hey Champ,

I had to uninstall the PCEA version from my computer this mornig do to it locked up when trying to open up.

Whe I tried to reinstall it says I can't because an older version of the installer can't be removed, the thing is I removed all old files and still get this message.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve(woogster)

Steve these are your locations for Topgolf Folders

You will have to un-hide the AppData Folder from your File options

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2020 2:32 AM

ScottHope:

Thanks Champ, good stuff.

Feels weird to have keybindings for a game that's never had any before, except the spacebar.  : )

Hi Scott, just remembered to say thanks for that hotkey thingy that allows me to play in the 1024x720 on pcea and to say that since this update it now starts in that size now rather than me having to change it every time.

• ScottHope
    10,110 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2020 4:45 AM
    You're welcome Nicole,
    Yes, it is/was a bit annoying that the ingame resolution option always popped up on launch if you closed the game in a custom resolution, not much I could do about that.
    You're right about it not happening anymore though,
    better whisper just in case WGT finds out and makes it go back to how it was, hush!  Lol.

Thank you. ; )
RSS