Help › Forums

wgt rip off

Mon, Jun 22 2020 8:07 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • watty21
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 11:55 AM

wgt continue to change the boundries.

Some shots are short at 210 go up to 220 & you are massively long. Of course ball lost in the water.

They are charging a fortune & I feel its just a money making rip off & Ive had it

• Robert1893
    7,676 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 1:48 PM

Have you considered playing a cheaper ball? The Levels 61 and 81 TM balls are excellent choices and a lot cheaper. I've never seen a big difference in how I've scored from the Level 81 ball I play and the higher-priced ones. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,517 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 2:52 PM

Robert1893:

Have you considered playing a cheaper ball? The Levels 61 and 81 TM balls are excellent choices and a lot cheaper. I've never seen a big difference in how I've scored from the Level 81 ball I play and the higher-priced ones. 

+1

TaylorMade TP5x (L61+)[Distance 4.5 | Spin 3.5] is probably the most cost-effective ball in the pro shop right now. When the best player of the game plays it, there's gotta be a reason why. There used to be NIKE 20XI-X (L71+)[Distance 5.0 | Spin 4.0] at just 450 credits which was the best value ball in the history of WGT IMO, but it isn't available any more. Shame.

• Robert1893
    7,676 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 3:08 PM

@Simon

I had completely forgotten about that Nike ball. That was a great ball and great price. It is a shame they never rebranded it.

In fact, it was the first ball I ever bought. Up until then, I had played starters. In one of the first rounds with that ball, I shot my first sub-30 round (28) on the back 9 of St. Andrews. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 3:09 PM

have you mapped your clubs, just because the club states it goes said yardage, 9/10 it wont.

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 4:36 PM

watty21:

wgt continue to change the boundries.

Some shots are short at 210 go up to 220 & you are massively long. Of course ball lost in the water.

They are charging a fortune & I feel its just a money making rip off & Ive had it

At the risk of sounding nasty (which I don't intend to......for once), it's obvious your understanding of the game dynamics is practically non existent. When you're having trouble breaking par after 9 years and with your gear, it likely means your goal is not to be competitive, or you would've made the effort to learn some things during this time. That leaves you're here playing only occasionally and for fun. If that's the case, I'd actually suggest you start playing with starter balls. Your scores probably won't change that much, but just imagine how much better you'd feel, when you know your 5 over par at the end of the round cost you nothing ;-) And that occasional birdie will become a real fist pump moment.

Again, my intention was not to be nasty, I just felt a reality check could be helpful and to offer you a way to lessen your stress. After all, this game should be something to enjoy, not to fuss over.

• BogeyOne
    1,967 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 6:14 PM

AnaNikolaj:

you're here playing only occasionally and for fun. If that's the case, I'd actually suggest you start playing with starter balls. Your scores probably won't change that much, but just imagine how much better you'd feel, when you know your 5 over par at the end of the round cost you nothing ;-) And that occasional birdie will become a real fist pump moment.

Again, my intention was not to be nasty, I just felt a reality check could be helpful and to offer you a way to lessen your stress. After all, this game should be something to enjoy, not to fuss over.

+1

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 8:19 PM

Rule of thumb for real life and here:

Don't play a ball you cannot afford to lose.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 8:50 AM

DoctorLarry:

Rule of thumb for real life and here:

Don't play a ball you cannot afford to lose.

Very Good Rule Larry

• PAGES
RSS