Forums

Help › Forums

Observations

Wed, Jun 10 2020 5:05 PM (2 replies)
  • Psyberserf
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 7:27 AM

I've been playing the FLASH version of WGT for about eight years. I wasn't too excited about migrating to the new version, but I've been playing it steadily for the past two weeks and the short answer is that overall it is much better. However, there are some details, which I'm sure you may still be working on, that could be better.

There are a couple of things I miss that made the old game more engaging.

First one is being able to view shot cameras for opponents. "Watching Opponent" from one perspective is pretty boring. Golf is about taking in all the details to make the best decisions. There is an advantage to hitting last and watching others putt their lines. A single view of the player's backside is a downgrade for sure. Add Multiple camera views for Opponents Shots!

Short shot cameras totally suck. Coming out of a bunker or trying to flop one out of the rough is hard enough without being able to read the green properly. I used to use the "pitch shot" reverse camera to get in tight on the hole from those spots, read the green and slope. It's how I play real golf as well. Short shot cameras need improvement.

Another key tool for me has always been the distance markers flagged over the balls on the hole map. It helps the game flow better and to prep for the next shot. It's a great way to keep track of who's up next.

Of all the changes that I really don't like is the extra large aiming markers on the greens. They are so big I can't see my line very well in reverse view. They don't really need to be that big do they? Or perhaps they could be somewhat elevated so we can get a better line in reverse? The old ones were big enough.

The chat feature is strange. While it works well enough, it's cumbersome. A lot of the old guys play WGT for the conversation, the personal interaction. The new chat makes it difficult to keep up with.

There are a lot of great changes. The graphics are excellent and all the new games and interaction are pretty cool additions. I haven't experienced any real issues with loading. Seems pretty smooth, more so when there are no flash players in the game.

You've done a great job with all of this. I hope you take my observations into consideration. 

• BogeyOne
    1,967 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 4:53 PM

Nice post.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,515 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2020 5:05 PM

Psyberserf:
    You've done a great job with all of this. I hope you take my observations into consideration. 

+1 Great observations, mate.

RSS