Forums

Help › Forums

Putting on PCEA

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 20 2020 5:08 PM (4 replies)
  • Rifle57
    71 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 4:52 AM

Maybe this subject has been discussed before, but can't seem to find the thread. Was wondering about the putting in the PCEA version. The aimer doesn't seem to move independantly without the grid moving also. In the flash version you can move the aimer without grid moving so you can see the breaks of the putt. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rifle57 (Ross)

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 8:53 AM

There are quite a few threads with Putting on PCEA. Basically, you will have to learn to putt all over again. The short "tap-ins" we were use to on Flash have become a nightmare. I can deal with it but you will be disadvantaged in Tournaments against those playing Flash or Mobile. 

• SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 12:58 PM

Rifle57:
    The aimer doesn't seem to move independantly without the grid moving also. In the flash version you can move the aimer without grid moving so you can see the breaks of the putt. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

That's correct.  In PCEA, the grid moves when you move the aimer.  That's the way it's designed, and there's no way to change it.

The only suggestion I have is to move your aimer to a few different places around your intended putt line, then stop and look at the dot movements on each.  That may help you read the break a little better.

Good luck.

• Rifle57
    71 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 1:23 PM

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

• DisasterNick
    15 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 5:08 PM

I can't seem to get the grid on the green unless I move the arrow. I used to be able to at least pull up the grid on the Flash version. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

RSS