Forums

Help › Forums

Ten Games Straight and the Disconnect Records

Tue, Dec 15 2009 6:33 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TheWombat
    23 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 9:27 PM

Like many other players, I get fed up of starting or joining a game and then finding myself playing on my own. So I decided to keep a record of 10 straight games to see what the results would be. These were all played on the front nine of Beth Page Black.

Game 1

Two Playing

Opponent disconnected after a poor Tee Shot in the first.

Game ended.

Game 2

Two Playing

Opponent disconnected after a first hole bogey.

Game ended.

Game 3

Three playing

Opponent 1 disconnected on his 5th shot after having a poor Tee shot.

Game completed

Game 4

Two Playing.

Opponent attempted to force the pace of the game. He became aggravated and disconnected on the 4th after falling one shot behind.

I checked this players Wall... there were 5 comments on his poor behaviour and lack of sportsmanship.

Game ended.

Game 5

Four playing.

There was no delay in loading - 2 players disconnected as the game started without hitting a ball

Game completed.

Game 6

Four playing.

Host disconnected after a poor tee shot on the first

Player 2 disconnected after a double bogey on the second.

Player 3 disconnected after a double bogey on the third.

Game ended.

Game 7

Three Playing.

Player 1 disconnected after his 7th shot on the second.

Game completed.

Game 8

Four playing.

Player 1 disconnected before hitting his ball.

Player 2 disconnected after a bogey on the second.

Player 3 disconnected when the site failed to load him.

Game ended.

Game 9

Four playing

No disconnections

Game completed.

Game 10

Three playing.

One player had a really bad round but stuck with the game until before his final shot before disconnecting. (I have no problems with that)

Game completed.

So there's my story and I'm sure this is repeated on WGT over and over for many players who just want to have a game and finsh what they've started

• Iceats
    346 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 2:12 AM
    Wombat, consider checking into WGTLS @ http://www.wgt.agls.org.uk/forums/main.php - you still play matches here on WGT butthe members of WGTLS, with RARE exception, finish matches. A healthy environment where the people you play don't like people who disconnect either. Ice
    79 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 5:31 AM

TheWombat:
    So there's my story and I'm sure this is repeated on WGT over and over for many players who just want to have a game and finsh what they've started

Just another day at WGT

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 2:16 AM
    Game 1 - Played ladder match, nine hole MP. He quit after 3, he was 3 down. Game 2 - Played Lil Rob, completed. Fun round between friends! Game 3 - Played Salamii, completed, fun round between friends! Game 4 - Played Showtime, Lobwedge, Salamii and myself, completed. Fun round between friends! Always a positive somewhere!! Goodluck next time in your multi games.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 3:41 AM

claremoreblue:
    Game 1 - Played ladder match, nine hole MP. He quit after 3, he was 3 down.

The big difference there is that there is a penalty for quitting a match on the Ladders site. The player either needs to record the loss against you, or is given a Yellow Card, and after 3 Yellow Cards, is kicked off all ladders.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 2:09 AM

It's dangerous to kick people off of ladders don't you know .... lol ...

Edited : a little later ... i wouldn't look for WGT to institute penalties for players disconnecting from games much less "kicking them off" ... i think they'd rather keep currently or potentially paying customers ...

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 3:56 PM
    I rarely play 'strangers' from WGT. Even those with longstanding membership & a good score history have been known to bail out. What I do when playing anymore is Prt Scrn on the score card after every hole. If someone bails I post the card & type a small story. If they care to refute my post it's there for all to reply to. Did it somewhere recently, maybe WGA tourney. To reapply an idea from the ladder site .... I suggest a "Name & Shame" thread.
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 4:16 PM

I'll typically join a random game if I'm online and get no invites after a few minutes.

Yes, most people disconnect, but I do come across some fine individuals and solid players, so I figure it evens itself out.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 4:21 PM

resozv:
    I rarely play 'strangers' from WGT. Even those with longstanding membership & a good score history have been known to bail out. What I do when playing anymore is Prt Scrn on the score card after every hole. If someone bails I post the card & type a small story. If they care to refute my post it's there for all to reply to. Did it somewhere recently, maybe WGA tourney. To reapply an idea from the ladder site .... I suggest a "Name & Shame" thread.

Calling anyone out by name in any form is strictly prohibited and will get you banned....

Quitting won't.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 4:27 PM

TheWombat:
    Player 1 disconnected after his 7th shot on the second.

I got dibs on Player 1 in a match play challenge.Why keep setting yourself up for disappointment knowing they gonna quit.Go to the ladders where they wont quit on you.There should not be an option to quit that way you will know if it is them or the computer.Leave the "suggest to end match" option though.

• PAGES
RSS