Forums

Help › Forums

New Ball For PCEA

Wed, Mar 18 2020 1:14 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2020 9:56 AM

Just played Pebble Front for a 29 using TM lvl 48s to see if the quicker rated ball compensates for the ridiculous meter on PCEA.  This resulted in a slight improvement to using the lvl 61 TMs.

However, I suggest a new ball to suit PCEA for this Flash player.

My 300 odd TM lvl 61 and 40 Nike lvl 61 balls (brought out on special occasions, like when I want to feel special) will be of no use playing PCEA.

The lvl 48s are slightly more playable, but what I require is a 2.5 meter ball with the same specs as the TM lvl 61s and 48s.

So, here are my requirements for this new ball:

Distance: 4.5

Spin: 3.5

Durability: 2.5

Meter: 2.5

Suggested price: I'd be willing to fork out the same price as the lvl 48 TMs, but 375cr sounds fair to me.

Perhaps the lvl 33 Callies at 250cr will be my preferred option otherwise. The best value ball by a mile on WGT.

Mike

• k5ntonsm1th
    34 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2020 2:37 PM

Iv always thought that an option to make a custom ball/sleeve would have been a good idea. Set a credit price for each half increment, ie 10 / 20c ?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 1:47 PM

k5ntonsm1th:
    Iv always thought that an option to make a custom ball/sleeve would have been a good idea. Set a credit price for each half increment, ie 10 / 20c ?

An interesting idea, but I think those players who habitually win RGs and have thousands of credits available to spend would just ramp up their ball specs to maximum and leave players who only have only a few credits to spend even less competitive.

• SamSpayed
    4,913 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 9:44 PM

Wutpa:
    I think those players who habitually win RGs and have thousands of credits available to spend would just ramp up their ball specs to maximum and leave players who only have only a few credits to spend even less competitive.

Well, don't those players who habitually win RGs already use top-end balls?

I think k5ntonsm1th's idea has merit.  It would be nice to be able to customize.  Especially for players who would like to have a high distance / high spin ball, but with a faster meter speed.  (Yes, there are a few of those out there.  I play with a couple.)  There could always be a ceiling placed on how much you could jack up each spec, eg. no more than 6.0 distance or 5.5 spin.

The question is:  Could WGT program such a thing?  and if they could, would they?

• AlaskanDame
    19,044 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 10:01 PM
    The Chrome lvl 55's are pretty close to what you want, OP.
  • Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 10:06 PM

SamSpayed:
    Well, don't those players who habitually win RGs already use top-end balls?

Not all. The Titleist lvl 87 is the most popular. However there a few who use the TM lvl 61 @500cr - hardly a top end ball compared to forking out 800cr.-1100cr.

WGT’s premier player uses the same ball I use….

Thing is some players prefer more spin and others don’t. The ball I use doesn’t require as much manipulation of spin as a high spin ball. I play fast. A 9 hole round in less than 15 minutes.

I require a new ball with faster meter speed but same specs in order to play PCEA, if it eventually passes muster as worth playing.

A lot of changes are required, particularly the putting aimer, less clicking to select club and shot, and adjusting screen layout to resemble the Flash game.

Mike

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 10:13 PM

AlaskanDame:
    The Chrome lvl 55's are pretty close to what you want, OP.

They’d be great if they had 2.5 durability. 

30-35 hits difference between 2.0 and 2.5 durability.

Mike

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2020 6:52 AM

Adjusting screen layout to resemble the flash game ...

If that is not done and a couple more appearance items, well wgt ...

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2020 6:55 AM
    call lvl 39s are what your looking at .....great ball
  • Bowl64
    3,088 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2020 6:59 AM

First of all, i don`t like the new version very much. putting is a guessinggame for me. I play with the L33 Cally`s and find the meter too fast. WGT have had a couple of years of knowledge about Flash and should have  been able to come up with something way better than this.

Bjorn

• PAGES
RSS