Forums

Help › Forums

New Forum Category for casique1

Sun, Nov 15 2009 7:45 AM (7 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:58 AM

Please don't take this the wrong way ...  I think community run tournaments might be the best feature of WGT. I love them .... but ..... I was wondering what it would take to give casique1 his own forum discussion topic.   

Let me repeat .. nothing wrong with what he is doing .... it is exactly the right thing for WGT by sponsoring all of these unique tournaments but .... when you go into that forum page ... all I see are casique1 sponsored tournaments.  It's hard to see if anyone else is running something.

He has a great following and a lot of people are playing them ... so please give him his own Forum Topic and let the "Community Sponsored" be for those running an occasional tournament.    You can put it right below the Community Sponsored topic.

Thanks

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:01 AM

It has become a little spammy as of late with a new thread for every new tourney and winner. It fills up the community-run tourney section, and means that others tourneys get missed.

Of course, if this site had proper mods, all of the threads could have been merged....

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:36 AM

lvietri:
    I was wondering what it would take to give casique1 his own forum discussion topic.

You mean forum subcategory. Currently, WGT's forums only have 2 levels: the forums homepage, and 15 forum categories. An additional, deeper forum level might be introduced, making it possible to set up a subcategory within any existing category. A tournament organizer might then announce the launch of a major tournament in the main category, while posting organizational details, etc., in new threads in the appropriate subcategory. (If indeed, as Ellis says, it's necessary to launch a new thread every time one needs to communicate something.) Shadow topics might likewise be employed to refer forum readers to threads within a different (sub)category than the one they are currently browsing.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2009 4:13 PM

I'm good for anything that works ... I just know that when I go to find a community tournament ... each page is full with casique1 threads .... again .. i repeat .. not a knock on casique1 .. he's doing great stuff ... he needs a better way to communicate.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2009 6:26 PM

LMAO @ lvi

:)

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:26 AM

I know Rob ... it's kind of funny .... but ---  I opened the community tourney thread this morning to see what's new and ... 4 out of the first 5 threads and 15 out of 40 threads (first 2 pages) are casique1.    And he's slowed down.   

Again not complaining but wouldn't the folks who play his tournaments prefer not to sift through all of the others just to find these ???

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 5:12 AM

I see your point lvi and its a very good one in all honesty.

Sadly i do not see sub categories being put in forums for a very long time, or for that matter ever. I think the easiest thing for Cas to do is create one thread.....Entitled "WgtPot Tourneys" and put all information on his tourneys in one thread. :)

Casique also along with Putter18 have a nice website for their tournaments. Wouldnt hurt to put all the specs from his tourneys in there :)

Casique's tourneys, love em or hate em, but one things for sure......He does a good job at it.

love you lvi :)

LMAO

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 7:45 AM

Lou, Rob.  What the heck are you guys smoking.Just add it to the million other crappy category's that we now have. Then we will have a million and 1 crappy category's. The only good thing i see in the WGTPot tourney is the POT part of it.  Now that would be interesting.. Just my 2 cents worth  Koonts.

RSS