Mon, Sep 12 2011 4:54 PM (45 replies)
  • dansamcam
    1,739 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 10:05 AM

We will never forget!

• BenRC
    381 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 10:51 AM

Will spend the day in remembrance with the people who matter the most.......my real life family and friends.....this game will be silent today......

My very naive and very very hopeful wish...is that we all figure a way...to simply get along someday...........

A  humble and grateful American.....

Ben

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 10:56 AM

Thank you Toothpic

USMC 72-78

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 11:01 AM

thebigeasy707:

However, the Taliban, Afghanistan & Iraq had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks and there's been way more innocent lives lost in these two countries for something that wasn't their doing either. The only reason the Taliban & Iraqi's fought back and still fight back is because we invaded their countries illegally (Fact.) and started killing their people (Fact).....Did people honestly think they'd just take invasion & all the killing without putting up a struggle?

I am well aware of that TBE and have little time for American and Blair foreign policy re Iraq and Afghanistan back then. However I do think that we have a responsibility to both countries to try and repair and make good the mess our country had a hand in making. I'd rather our troops weren't there at all but whilst they are and risking their lives they have my utmost respect and support.

I see from the last lines of your post, you agree :^)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 11:37 AM

Ditto TBE, back to my first post here. I still have nightmares about some of the things I know about Nam. What a waste of humanity.

• golfentwilly
    158 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 1:27 PM

like it or not,,wrong or not,THATS WHERE THE ALKAID WAS THAT ATTACKED US.

sorry for the caps,,, hit lock instead of shift

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 2:24 PM

golfentwilly:

like it or not,,wrong or not,THATS WHERE THE ALKAID WAS THAT ATTACKED US.

rofl.....so they told us....they also told us Saddam had WMD.....but they forgot to add that it was the US who supplied them to him in the first place.

nevermind scrub all that. let us all just remember the victims on this anniversary.

tbe

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 2:53 PM

T hats the problem..To many people believe what others(politicians) tell them. And have no clue as to the truth,or dont care.

But in the end...Had we let them to there owen fight,many many many years ago..They would not be bothering with us

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 3:26 PM

That's why we have gone from the number one power in the world to somewhat of a joke. We still let every Tom Dick and Harry and Habib and Yong Chow or whoever come here and take over. I'm sorry if I'm getting out of line I have been to many foreign countries and cannot own a business or a piece of land. Sorry if I have offended anyone, well really NOT.  Please don't get me started on this, I spent many years in our military, by choice, I was not drafted, I was married and I enlisted. I bleed the red white and blue, and had military bearing out the ying yang. But I would not let my sons enlist for very personal reasons that I live with everyday and will until I die. God bless the ones who have, who thought they were really fighting for their country. Several of my family and friends included.

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 5:32 PM

And hopefully some retribution on the politicians and financiers who have so brutilised the youth of Britain and America and turned them into to the unwitting murdering bastards that they have become. Shame on the politicians, shame on the financiers and god help the poor youth who have been cajoled into this brutality and believe they do it for their nation and family.

RSS