Mon, Jan 27 2020 2:39 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Robert1893
    7,669 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 5:27 PM

Tony08888:

Yes I’m playing in full screen. That must be what it is. Thanks Robert

You betcha! 

Sorry I didn't think of that sooner. And thanks for being a good sport about my initial response. 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 5:43 PM

Alt + Tab. 

Like all PC's (not sure about mac) but just go from program to program using Alt + tab so that can bring you to another program that is open. 

of course, assuming you do something else there aside from just play wgt. 

• Tony08888
    568 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 5:51 PM

All good Robert. I liked it. Lol

MCalderon402:

Alt + Tab. 

Like all PC's

I see... I’ll have to get my grandson to teach me what all PC’s do.

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 10:34 AM

Robert1893:

Are you playing in full screen? 

In the Mac version, you can turn full screen off (it's under video in settings), which then provides a minimize option. I would think it'd be the same in the Windows version (if that's what you're using). 

If I try to play in anything other than full screen, I can't see the options on the bottom of the WGT page... includung club selection etc.. I moved the tab bar to the side, and as I was messing around it eventually showed me everything. The next time I opened the game, it was back to cutting off the bottom. Anyone else having this issue or know what to do about it. 

note: I don't mind playing full screen, but it would be nice to be able to exit out without shutting down my laptop when WGT freezes or can't load the next page for some reason.

Brett

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 11:29 AM

BPeterson8256:
    If I try to play in anything other than full screen, I can't see the options on the bottom of the WGT page.

I have my taskbar across the top of the window all the time and don't have an issue. Try dragging yours either to the side or top and then lock it (right click on taskbar.)

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 12:03 PM

YankeeJim:

I have my taskbar across the top of the window all the time and don't have an issue. Try dragging yours either to the side or top and then lock it (right click on taskbar.)

It is not the task bar that I can't see. (I have tried it on top bottom and sides)  It is the bottom part of the WGT app. The app stretches from the top of my screen to the bottom. I have the options to close and minimize the screen, and I can see my tabs. It is the actual app that is cut off along the bottom. (ie country club, settings icon, etc. are all cut off)

I don't know if it is related, but I can't adjust the size of the app either. Most things that are open, you can hold the cursor along the edge until you get an arrow. Then you can adjust the size. I can not do that with the WGT screen.

• Robert1893
    7,669 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 12:08 PM

BPeterson8256:
    If I try to play in anything other than full screen, I can't see the options on the bottom of the WGT page... includung club selection etc.. I moved the tab bar to the side, and as I was messing around it eventually showed me everything. The next time I opened the game, it was back to cutting off the bottom. Anyone else having this issue or know what to do about it. 

Have you tried other video resolutions from within the settings of the app? 

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 12:16 PM

Robert1893:

Have you tried other video resolutions from within the settings of the app? 

Yes, but maybe I'll try again. It really isn't a big deal as much as a convenience. I'm sure it's something on my end, as I got it to work for a minute while screwing around with it. Then the next time I signed in it changed back and I can't seem to fix it again.

I'm trying to think what I did different. The only thing I can think of , is that I moved the task bar after the app was open when it started working right. The next time on, the task bar was already on the side. Maybe I'll check into that next time I get on. 

• ScottHope
    10,098 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 1:05 PM
  • Dneirf
    420 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 2:39 AM

Tony08888:
    ~snip~ If I’m in the middle of a practice round, I can’t just minimize. I have to exit. or am I missing something?

To minimize the Desktop Game Client without exiting the game, simply press the Windows Key on the keyboard.

This action will minimize the Desktop Game Client to the Windows Taskbar. The application will continue to run in the background as it is running in DOS Mode in an DOS Window.

Also, any audio currently playing in the Desktop Game Client will continue to play while in this minimized state. (you can always mute the speakers)

To resume gameplay, simply click on the minimized Desktop Game Client Icon resting in the Windows Taskbar.

NOTE: For security reasons, I created three (3) Outbound Block Rules in Windows Firewall blocking outbound access for Launcher.exe - golf.exe - SelfPatcher.exe

These rules are always Enabled when not playing the Desktop Game Client. These rules are only Disabled while playing the Desktop Game Client. There are no Inbound Allow Rules, all inbound traffic is Blocked by Default.

God Bless,

-Dneirf

• PAGES
RSS