Forums

Help › Forums

anyone else noticed .......

Thu, Nov 26 2009 1:48 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • maltwiz
    17 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:14 AM

........ the ball behaving very strangely?

A couple of times I've hit an almost perfect shot off the fairway and the ball has gone straight left? Just played a show with the LW at Kiawah 3rd and was 1mm to the right of being 'excellent' so no big deal - ball shoots off 45 degrees left for no reason.

Now I know I've suffered in the past in real life with a bad case of the shanks (not good when you play off 3.2) but ball goes t'other way when that happens - never been able to hit the ball straight left! HAve I found a skill no-one else has?????

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:21 AM

Maltwiz... just consider yourself a "shankapotomus".

• maltwiz
    17 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:25 AM

I feel deeply honoured!!

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:49 AM

maltwiz:
    A couple of times I've hit an almost perfect shot off the fairway and the ball has gone straight left? Just played a show with the LW at Kiawah 3rd and was 1mm to the right of being 'excellent' so no big deal - ball shoots off 45 degrees left for no reason.

Last week I was playing a match on the 2nd hole at Beth. Same thing happened. Other player asked "????", I replied, hit it on the head, but something went wrong. He said "lol"

His shot did the same thing, he joined me in the weeds, my shot 58, his 42 yds.

• AdamTurner
    103 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 9:02 PM

I upgraded to Windows7 recently and used FireFox to play the game. My first 3 shots were punched when I selected full swing. I lost 2 pricey balls and scratched my head.

The fix was actually upgrading to Flash 10. I'm not suggesting it's a catch all solution, but it may help one or two.

Adam

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 9:42 PM

Flash 10 is very very much recommended

• MisterWGT
    122 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 8:17 AM

A helpful reminder...

If you are playing the game & think you encountered a bug (i.e. a shot that didn't react in a way that you expected), the BEST thing you can do is follow these steps:

1) RIGHT CLICK with your mouse and hit the "Submit this problem to WGT" (it's the 2nd one from the top)

2) In the POP-UP message, select the category of the problem (physics, graphics, etc) and then take a moment to describe what you witnessed.

In the case of MaltWiz's scenario at the top of this thread... something like this would have been perfect:

As you can imagine, millions of virtual balls are hit everyday on WGT.  But when you submit a bug log like above... it flags your shot amongst the millions so we can not only find it ASAP, but can analyze if what you described was truly a bug or not. 

I hope that helps and please spread the word! 

- MisterWGT

• AdamTurner
    103 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 8:33 AM

Ok,

Now instead of getting 2 identical emails per reply, I'm getting 3.

Please fix,

Adam

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 8:40 AM

AdamTurner:
    Now instead of getting 2 identical emails per reply, I'm getting 3.

Off-topic: me too. Not that I mind; I'm an email server administrator and receive hundreds of email messages per day anyway, but WGT could perhaps do something to fix this issue that was first reported sometime in June or so. It's fantastic that email notifications now fully work in this forum (in contrast, they do not work at all in TWO's forums, which makes those forums practically useless for many purposes!). It's just that the number of copies per post needs to be fixed at 1.  

• AdamTurner
    103 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 9:17 AM

Ok I tried to report a bug in game as suggested...it took 26 seconds to send and held up the game. The other players weren't very happy with me.

I use high speed cable internet.

• PAGES
RSS