Help › Forums

my Ugly Sweater didnt count?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 29 2019 2:10 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2019 11:53 AM

Just played first 3 holes of "Ugly Sweater showdown" final round... And I was very satisfied how it turned out scorewise... Had -3 after 2 holes on windy Wolf Creek, and putt for -4

Then suddenly I see chat message showing , but I don't open it cause I just want to do my last putt without breaking focus...I can just assume that opponent forfeited in that moment, and whole game crashes on "main menu" in middle of my putt rolling

I expected that I have some sort of resume on that round..but no. It's just forgotten like it never happened.. It says play again from hole no.1

That never happened in WGT for me to loose whole good round..And my other question is"Why you have to play with random players that don't play that "showdown" and don't care? They are just some random guys from that coin room (In this case some lower coin room- played veteran showdown). They often go with some sexual or other offensive nonsense in chat..or simply forfeit and crash game.. It's better to play with someone who actually play that "thing" or play alone

Nik

• JDGHOST
    6,789 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2019 3:10 PM

All part of the nonsense known at the "Mobile" format !! There are no "Coin Room" games on PC and in tournaments you play your round alone without having to worry about some clown doing what they did to you!

#savethepcversion

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2019 3:14 PM

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2019 4:05 PM

Agree..I see your point. Not playing many those "coin" games in general..But this "Showdown" thing got me interested. Only bad is that its not separated as event where u play against those players that are on scoreboard..but with randoms from "coin room"

And that game is in that state where your good round of first 3 holes is interrupted without chance to recover /resume it ... Lot of forfeits happened after that also. but it didnt affect my round like that 1st one

(Maybe it was different kind of disconnection from server..but anyway it weirdly dissapear like i didnt play it)

Nik

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2019 4:08 PM

JDGHOST:

All part of the nonsense known at the "Mobile" format !! There are no "Coin Room" games on PC and in tournaments you play your round alone without having to worry about some clown doing what they did to you!

#savethepcversion

I have to agree. It ruins the game and most of these people have never played a real round of golf before.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 12:01 AM

twinponds169:
    This is the crap we are having shoved up our *** because WGT is too cheap, lazy and stupid to replace Flash in any other way. Utter garbage.

+1

Question

WGT are based in San Francisco?

If the answer is correct, isn’t that where ‘Silicone Valley’ is situated, or close proximity. Home to probably some of the best ‘tech minded’ people/companies around. While they are in the process of producing the ‘new version’ basically a straight copy of the mobile version, this is the best they can do?

Some people are saying “it’s not finished yet, give ‘em chance”, sorry but I think this is the best your gonna get, WGT obviously don’t have the budget or the necessary ‘skilled’ staff to take it much further. 
    I mean look at the state of the avatar, when you consider the video games today and the creativity that’s applied, this one looks like a ‘cut & paste’ 

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 5:36 AM

It is what it is..I didn't want to go back to first impressions. It looks like pretty much everything is going on through that coin rooms lobby where 2 players are randomly matched and they play random tee, with random green.  When it gets more functionality of flash game (Like setting different kinds of gameplay for up to 4 players in separate lobby), it may become more relevant to what we have now on PC

Right now it suffers from some basic things. Like, server doesnt remember what you have played..or gives you bogeys where you played birdies (as i seen from some other posts) . For that "Showdowns" in order to play your 18 holes on mixed courses...I don't see why you have to go and play along with someone from coin room as short match on 3 holes with tiebreaker. Why wouldn't you just play your holes alone, when it is already a part of some bigger event and doesn't have to do anything with that 3 holes coin game

Nik

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 8:54 AM

i have to agree with everyones comments here.............seems the future of this game isnt looking that great.............clearly topgolf dont have any intension to look for a flash replacement so this cheap mobile version with cut and paste avatars is our future..........hmmmm

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 9:17 AM

I see that as 2 possible roads Mickey...

First is ...Flash is going out in a year..what do we have?-we have mobile game..It has coin rooms ,named like in poker game..It has clothes that gives you abilities....Ok, let's build on that and implement in every competition..

Or second... We have a mobile game ,but it is just starting point..because in a time of 1 year we will change it to more realistic and competitive golf game..at least to what we had in flash

That's like wgt is  thinking what to do :))

Nik

• Riley7007
    2 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 9:34 AM
    I had 3 holes left to play in the ugly sweater tournament, I was at 6 under par, went to play final 3 holes and a message came up “ saved game not available” and sent me back to main page. Tried to get back in to finish my last 3 holes and it said my round was complete and gave me a bogey on each of the last 3 holes completing my round at 3 under par. I never had a chance to play the last 3 holes.
  • PAGES
RSS