Forums

Help › Forums

Tips For New Version???

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 12 2020 4:29 AM (7 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 3:15 PM

I was hoping players that have been using the new version would answer some questions and give some tips on this thread. I'll start by asking  the questions I had as I played today for the first time.

1) When hitting to the green, I really like the pin view (looking back from the flag to the player). Is there any way to get that view? (It came up for me one time when I was close, but that was all I could get. On flash version, any time I was closer than the club I was using distance wise, I could change it to "pitch", hit the camera icon, and it would give me the view from the pin. I could not get that to work on this new version.)

2) If I can not get the view I want, does anyone know how many feet across the grid squares are that I am seeing on the greens? From the pin view, I always called them 2 feet and they seem the same here. However, the view I am seeing on the new version (not the view from the pin) has huge squares in the grid. 

I hope my questions made a little sense. Thank you in advance for any help on this. 

Cheers   Brett

• MarchieB
    1,526 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 4:41 PM

1. I think you “should” be able to get to the pin view screen by what you’ve already stated. Choose a wedge or even the putter and hit the camera icon. You may need to play around with different club/shot types to get it. It might not work or be available for all holes though.

2.  Not sure of exact measurement as I use my own “numbers” for different shot types. But if you’re looking for that just move the grid towards/away from the pin and see what the difference is in shot distance

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 4:54 PM
    BPeterson8256:

I was hoping players that have been using the new version would answer some questions and give some tips on this thread. I'll start by asking  the questions I had as I played today for the first time.

1) When hitting to the green, I really like the pin view (looking back from the flag to the player). Is there any way to get that view? (It came up for me one time when I was close, but that was all I could get. On flash version, any time I was closer than the club I was using distance wise, I could change it to "pitch", hit the camera icon, and it would give me the view from the pin. I could not get that to work on this new version.)

2) If I can not get the view I want, does anyone know how many feet across the grid squares are that I am seeing on the greens? From the pin view, I always called them 2 feet and they seem the same here. However, the view I am seeing on the new version (not the view from the pin) has huge squares in the grid. 

I hope my questions made a little sense. Thank you in advance for any help on this. 

Cheers   Brett

i think they are 5ft sq.......
  • BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 5:20 PM

MarchieB:

Not sure of exact measurement as I use my own “numbers” for different shot types. But if you’re looking for that just move the grid towards/away from the pin and see what the difference is in shot distance

Gr8 tip... I should have thought of this. Thank you.

And thank you to @MGB01 as well. 

Brett

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2019 7:32 PM

if you want reverse view, go to putting, then to camera then it should reverse for you, there are a few spots where you cant get reverse view but most shots you should be able to, after you go to putting, you might have to click the camera button a time or two before it does it

• D33RHUNT3R63
    10 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2020 12:39 PM

here's a tip .. no one is playing the new version so when you try to play a rd no one is on there ... frustrating because I kind of don't wanna be the guys at the last minute and I see good reason now the  putting meters  and speed are different which means having to adjust the way we putt.. now the workaround !!! find a game on old version and then once your in a game close window to taskbar then launch new version ... and you will be playing new version while others are playing old version.. till Jan 1 ,,PS !!, it only work that are on the new version such as Cabo and Whisler

• billycash74
    2,076 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 3:00 AM

D33RHUNT3R63:

here's a tip .. no one is playing the new version so when you try to play a rd no one is on there ... frustrating because I kind of don't wanna be the guys at the last minute and I see good reason now the  putting meters  and speed are different which means having to adjust the way we putt.. now the workaround !!! find a game on old version and then once your in a game close window to taskbar then launch new version ... and you will be playing new version while others are playing old version.. till Jan 1 ,,PS !!, it only work that are on the new version such as Cabo and Whisler

wth are you rambling about? tons of people are playing the new version

• WHIMP1710
    1 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 4:29 AM

Waste of time playing new version, it can take up to three hours just to get a game on alternate shot and many others. 

I wouldn't recomment it to even someone i hate.

Graphics are good but that's about it.

RSS