Forums

Help › Forums

country club leaderboard

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 5 2011 4:54 PM (5 replies)
  • MisterJez
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 7:08 AM

Hi, can someone explain how the scoring system works with country club tournaments? We often have members on the same score for their rounds so how does the system select a winner. It was thought that it was based on the handicap of a player, with the lowest getting the higher position, however that has since been proven wrong!! Maybe it is the amount of birdies??...or bogeys??

Please help...thanks

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 11:27 AM

Jez,

there is a blog about it somehwhere in here, but if memory serves, it is score on final hole...then if not resolved, final 3 holes...and  so forth back to to the start...(that may be off slightly, and it varies again from 9 holes to 18 holes depending)

Hope that helps..and good luck!

=bk=

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 11:33 AM
  • MisterJez
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 4:12 PM

Cheers BK, the reply after yours posted a link to WGT Help page where it is explained. You are absolutely correct, and what's more your explanation was far less wordy, so much simpler to follow. 

Thanks very much.

P.S. I am now leading our current tournament thanks to 5 pars to the 9th...winning pars I think!!! (...er...well...hope). Bless

• MisterJez
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 4:17 PM

Thanks very much. I now have the knowledge, although I don't know all the shortcuts around London. Nice one guv'na 

P.S. is the Elma Fudd?

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 4:54 PM

No relation but we may go to the same barbers :-)

RSS