Forums

Help › Forums

Challenge 6 Wolf Creek

Sun, Nov 8 2009 8:59 PM (5 replies)
  • raidermatt
    16 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 3:09 PM

Just wondering how anybody here plays challenge 6 at wolf creek. I have starter irons and usually use a 4 iron and it sometimes comes up short, or it will hit the green and bounce right through. What is the trick to landing it near the hole consistently?

Thanks,

RM

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 3:27 PM

you dont have to stick the pin....you can fire a shot long and about 6' right and the ball will roll back down to about 4'.

gl

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 4:06 PM

In mild wind, the very basic shot to hole #6 with free starter irons is thus: 5 iron or 160 club always aimed to the right of the pin..forget the wind.. and a perfect strike..without the perfect strike on this hole, out of the sand, anything within 10 feet or on the green is an accident. In the current "heavy wind" mode...you are on your own.

• raidermatt
    16 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 7:06 PM

Is that with spin?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:07 AM

It seems that when Wolf is in mild wind mode at #6, the wind direction is either L to R or vice versa, in either case I don't fiddle with ball spin. If the wind is quartering slightly against, I will apply top spin and apply back spin if the wind is in the opposite. But #6 along with #5, #8 and #9 all deliver the best result with the perfect strike, anything less usually spells disaster.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 8:59 PM

Hi Raidermatt.  I finally resorted to hitting it long as suggested by MOLIDEHA.  Able to get it to roll back very close to the hole when I get lucky.  Hitting it short will always messes up a good start.  I see you shot a 104 there...that is good.  I suspect anyone doing much better than that has put in a lot of stick time and were lucky enough to get decent scores on 5, 8 and 9 during the same round.

Joey

RSS