Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Sat, May 4 2024 12:17 PM (1,419 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 10:47 AM

DodgyPutter:

Wutpa:
    I also already had a Steam account and it did not cost me anything. I just added WGT to my library and started playing.

That'll be as you've already spent at least $5 in steam.

Ah, I see.

Okay, thanks for that.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 11:06 AM

DonCaron:

During the last Tap in bonus, I went to put $50 in, and it went into the steam wallet.

I thought it was going to go into WGT and it didn't. I finally asked, either here or in a facebook page.

I noticed a thread called "steam wallet" on there, it says the very same ;-)

I'm sure I've said this before but I really don't get why wgt are doing this.  You pay $50 into your steam wallet, and steam get a not insignificant cut, and then spend it on wgt stuff.  If you spend it in the flash game or PCEA surely wgt gets it all :-/

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 1:00 PM

DodgyPutter:

DonCaron:

During the last Tap in bonus, I went to put $50 in, and it went into the steam wallet.

I thought it was going to go into WGT and it didn't. I finally asked, either here or in a facebook page.

I noticed a thread called "steam wallet" on there, it says the very same ;-)

I'm sure I've said this before but I really don't get why wgt are doing this.  You pay $50 into your steam wallet, and steam get a not insignificant cut, and then spend it on wgt stuff.  If you spend it in the flash game or PCEA surely wgt gets it all :-/

Yes, from now on I will do it on my account from the web. Just to clarify, I did it from the steam Early access and it went into the Steam Wallet. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 3:20 PM

pdb1:

DonCaron:
    Then I found out that regardless what I send him does not count

DodgyPutter:
    You pay $50 into your steam wallet, and steam get a not insignificant cut

That sucks !

DodgyPutter:
    If you spend it in the flash game or PCEA surely wgt gets it all :-/

Good tip . Spend in Flash only .

So WGT Flash PC is still the real deal . 

PCEA launcher has a lot of problems .

STEAM WGT PCEA is the pain in the ass alternative .

Thats why I posted it here, so others know about it and won't make the same mistake as I did.

• Blixt13
    31 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 3:16 AM

I have downloaded WGT for desktop. I have a laptop with a 15 inch screen size. When I logged in, the game screen size was slightly too large and I could not see the bottom inch or so. I took away my taskbar, but that was not enough to see the full game screen. Without the full game screen I can't play.

I found no way to change the game screen size either.  Can anybody help me with this problem ?

Thank you.

• ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 3:36 AM

The game does have a few built in resolution options...

VIDEO

...if you want a better fullscreen option (IMHO) you could try THIS, or for more resolution options have a look HERE.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 3:42 AM

Blixt13:

I have downloaded WGT for desktop. I have a laptop with a 15 inch screen size. When I logged in, the game screen size was slightly too large and I could not see the bottom inch or so. I took away my taskbar, but that was not enough to see the full game screen. Without the full game screen I can't play.

I found no way to change the game screen size either.  Can anybody help me with this problem ?

Thank you.

Look here Blixt: AutoHotKey

• stephendaines
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 11:34 AM

Wutpa:

stephendaines:
    my brief foray into the new version

Just so. 

Perhaps try and dig a little deeper before you pass judgement on it, and you may find that the games are not as dissimilar as you think. The same photos are used for the courses, the shot physics are the same too. The avatar and some overlays are lower quality I'll give you that, and the putting takes some relearning too, but the other differences are mostly cosmetic and can be adjusted or turned off. 

But if all you do is take a brief look at it and then think you know all you need to know in order to decide it's not worth playing then I'm afraid your opinion - however valid it is by virtue of being your own - doesn't carry much weight.

I have every intention of persisitng with the new version. I`m not giving up easily.

I`m just trying to give my initial opinions of the newer version. I tried the mobile version, and my personal opinion was that it didn`t suit me, and to me, the replacement for flash just gives me that same opinion as it stands.

I`m open to improvements, if they happen, and I hope they do.I just don`t think, at the moment, they have it right.

I`m sure the devs would appreciate as many comments as possible, not just positive ones, to try and make the new version as good as possible for everyone

RSS