Forums

Help › Forums

The Extraordinary Replay

Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:52 AM (8 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 5:35 PM

Surely most us enjoy watching the many spectacular and/or unusual golf shots of excellence that occur each day within our community via "share your replay". I know I certainly do. From time to time one will come along that I too would love to share. My problem is not knowing how to do so. I have read all of the variety of methods to do so, but with no success, I have no desire to trouble myself further with it. It would be nice if a simple way to share these gems were available. Something like: "push this button to share the replay on the forum" that is something I could do..I think..~SP~

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 5:42 PM

The easiest way I've found to do it is to simply share the replay with yourself.  Email it to your own address.  The email will have a link within that you'll be able to share with your friends.

• realgolf01
    2 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 7:38 PM

I've never had an issue sharing a replay with multiple friends. 

1) Simply view the replay and click on the Share button

2) When the share replay UI appears input as many email addresses as you wish to send the replay to, each separated by a comma with no spaces. 

3) Put in a message in the message field and hit send.

Viola, your friends should get your wgt awesomeness in their inbox.

Hope that helps

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 9:30 PM

Thank you Cal and RG for the kind response. Being a compete dope with computers..UIs..addresses..the lingo, the go here go there, type this, send that,etc...I just use computers in the simpliest mode. Google..typing..WGT..that is about it. That covers my needs and I have little to no interest to go beyond that. If I have a computer issue, I buy a new one. And so having said that, what I would like is a simple button to push, provided by WGT, that sends the saved replay directly to the active and on-going thread called "Post your best replays". Push a button and 'presto' the replay automatically goes to that thread to be shared. None of all of these other ways to do so. One button to direct this activity and nothing else. Is this do-able? If so, WGTshould do it ..if not, why?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 9:56 PM

"Compete dope", now there's a delightful & appropriate typo...

As to "push a button & share automatically in the right place", Mark of the Ladders site has just launched a webpage to serve that need, called Big Shots! (PS: I didn't submit my own replay there.)

The instructions by Mark at the top of that webpage are likely the closest anyone can get to your ideal of ease, SweetiePie. That being said, following Nivlac's suggestion is pretty easy, too, isn't it? Email a link to yourself that you can then copy/paste anywhere you like, for example in a forum post.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:41 AM

I think it's a great idea, Pie! It would make sharing the replays that WGT integrated into the game with the forum thread easy as... well... pie! :/

Shouldn't be that difficult for someone to create another link/button that would send the URL of a saved replay to a pre-formatted post, with either a simple, short message automattically attached, or one that can be added after clicking the button. The only danger being - if that replay is deleted from one's "saved" replays, will it continue to be able to be shared? I dunno... but I still like the idea.

I'll hafta check Mark's webpage to see how he does it, but...

What I find myself doing is I copy/paste the URL (from up top of the window of the replay, in the little area that has the http:// wording) into the post with the "insert/edit link" button (chain-looking thing when creating a post). It gives an option of either having it open within the same window, or by creating a new window to open the link. I find that this way allows the replay to load alot easier/quicker for the viewer of the replay, and they don't hafta jump through as many hoops to get there.

* Highlight URL by clicking with mouse>right click>click copy (this saves the URL to the 'puter's clipboard). Then:

* In post, after highlighting the word/words that describe where you'd like the link to appear, click the "link" button>right click inside the little box (link URL) that appears>click paste>click the "dropdown arrow to choose same window or new window>click Insert button. Done!

* I'll insert the link to this recent flop shot ace in CTTH to show how it works.

Whattaya say WGT? Could Pie's feature be added without too much trouble? Certainly would be easier.

The "sharing of the replay" feature probably gets most of it's use here in the forum anyways, I'd think.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:00 AM

PugsAce:
    I'll hafta check Mark's webpage to see how he does it, but...

Here is a screenshot (you may click it for full size):

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 8:49 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. We are working on a way to make sharing replays easier.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:52 AM

Thanks Alex.

And Thanks SweetiePie for the OP! Hope it does get easier... and I hope we all make some extraordinary shots to share! :) 

RSS