Forums

Help › Forums

St. Andrews - Report

Sun, Nov 15 2009 7:27 AM (23 replies)
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 5:11 PM

Well, well, well ... seems as though December is pretty optimistic at this point! ThunderBoltz has reported that, through e-mail, WGT has pushed back the release of the newest 18-hole stroke play course, St. Andrews, to the first quarter of 2010. Surprised?

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 5:32 PM

No...ahhhhhhww  darnit  nim getting so bored

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 7:41 PM

Are we rumour-mongering now?    Sorry, I don't believe any of these rumours until they are officially confirmed by WGT. (Neither the optimistic rumours: "St. Andrews coming in December!" – nor the pessimistic rumours: "St. Andrews pushed back to Q1!")

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 11:34 AM

Rumours... unlike plenty of either websites and unlike real life, they tend to be true on here, but who knows... I wouldn´t like to think St. Andrews won´t be out until 2010, another stroke play course is the biggest add that you can get to this game, and even more of it´s a course like that one.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 12:06 PM

Can I have a link to the source?  Some dude's email just isn't doing it for me.  Do we have a copy of said email that can be shared with the group?

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 12:17 PM

I will ask the "dude" to quote his e-mail for us on this thread here. I'm not sure if I belive this rumor 100%, but I wouldn't be surprised ... at this point, it doesn't matter when the course comes out, but rather having just a specific date or small range of dates I can expect to see this course come out.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 12:47 PM

No, I wouldn't be surprised either. There's also the fact that St. Andrews hasn't been moved onto the 30-60 day part of the Upcoming Features list yet. With less than 60 days remaining in this calendar year you don't need to be a math major to see that doesn't quite work out.

I'd still like to see the source, if only to prevent the possible dissemination of misinformation.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:35 PM

There have been many rumours floating in these forums that were later proved to be completely false, so I disbelieve any rumours on principle.

As an example, supposedly knowledgeable people kept saying in June, July, etc., that we'll never be able to freely select the course to play a multi-player game on, because WGT's servers couldn't possibly handle such a load. BAM! The fabulous August 13th product update arrived, and we can now play our multi-player games wherever we want. I felt like a bird let out of its cage, or a prisoner escaped from Alcatraz, when I was suddenly no longer confined to Bethpage Black, Front 9, for all of my multi-player games.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 2:12 PM

According to ThunderBoltz:

WGT administration:

St Andrews won't be up till about the First Quarter of 2010.

"About"? Meaning before or in the middle or after? Meaning somewhere between December and April? Helpful stuff.

Faterson:

There have been many rumours floating in these forums that were later proved to be completely false, so I disbelieve any rumours on principle.

Most rumors, such as your example, Faterson, do not have sources; this one does, albeit an unspecific one, but still a reliable source in itself. The thing abut this "rumor" is that all estimates as to the St. Andrews course release lie between December and April - it is reasonable to assume that the course will be released sometime between December and April. As I said earlier, the date is of little importance to me; priority goes to the slight chance that one day, WGT will give us information as to dates for future releases.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 2:28 PM

What is "WGT administration"? The members@worldgolftour.com mailbox? It's true that emails sent from that mailbox are usually anonymous, unsigned. (I think if the folks writing from that address on WGT's behalf at least chose pseudonyms, such as "Josh" or "Susan", this could be helpful.)

Is that quotation you gave, Gao, a direct quotation of what WGT said, or is that Thunderboltz's rendering of what they said?

RSS