Forums

Help › Forums

Scoring average for Hack

Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:37 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • eurocatgolf
    5 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 8:26 PM

I just saw the winner of the Hack tier shot a 64 and I don't get how he can shoot those kind of scores and still be a hack? Can some one explain this to me?  It's not just him. You would have to shoot a really low score even on the Hack tier to win. :-(

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 9:43 PM

Well, I became interested in your question and checked out the subject. It appears he just started playing today, Nov 1st. Has played 4 ranked rounds including a 64 and a 66 along with a couple of 9 hole rounds both under par. His stats are all impressive at any tier level and he has left the hack tier and is now an amateur. These quick study starts come along frequently and usually, but not always, are indicative of a player using a double account which is forbidden, but hard to verify. Hopefully this is not the case.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 3:29 AM

Just because someone is at the top of the leaderboard after a tournament finishes, doesn't mean they will stay at the top when the prizes/credits are handed out. WGT is checking all winners for suspicious scores/player account creations. It may take a couple of days/weeks for them to check that, but they always do so.

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 5:22 AM

eurocatgolf:

I just saw the winner of the Hack tier shot a 64 and I don't get how he can shoot those kind of scores and still be a hack? Can some one explain this to me?  It's not just him. You would have to shoot a really low score even on the Hack tier to win. :-(

In a previous post last week I noted that we have a lot of phony accounts. I had run into 2 of those  last week, and yesterday I ran into the king of phony. He shows a 78 avg, and this is his match play record

VS. Hack 2 - 0
    VS. Amateur 4 - 0
    VS. Pro 40 - 7
    VS. Master 9 - 3
    VS. Spitfire2108 1 - 0
    Current Month Match Play P

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 5:36 AM

forgot to mention. This player accomplished all of this during the first 2 weeks of his entry into WGT. What a remarkable player, huh. Date of entry was oct 13, 2009

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 8:41 AM

naughty1:
    yesterday I ran into the king of phony.

That's a rather bold statement, because the player's Score History (which is a different thing from match play stats) seems credible enough. For example, a 51 as the first 9-hole round at Kiawah. Three weeks is rather a long time in which it's possible to improve one's game significantly.

naughty1:
    I noted that we have a lot of phony accounts.

Ermmm...     Yeah, what an outrage. And reports have already been heard of someone with quadruple (that's four!) player accounts.

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 8:56 AM

Faterson:

naughty1:
    yesterday I ran into the king of phony.

That's a rather bold statement, because the player's Score History (which is a different thing from match play stats) seems credible enough. For example, a 51 as the first 9-hole round at Kiawah. Three weeks is rather a long time in which it's possible to improve one's game significantly.

naughty1:

Ermmm...     Yeah, what an outrage. And reports have already been heard of someone with quadruple (that's four!) player accounts.

11.02.09 KIAWAH ISLAND: THE OCEAN COURSE Front 9 Pro 37
    11.02.09 Nov Closest-to-the-Hole Challenge Pro 128.51
    11.02.09 The Nov Pinehurst Challenge Pro 109.9
    11.01.09 KIAWAH ISLAND: THE OCEAN COURSE Back 9 Pro 37
    10.30.09 BETHPAGE BLACK Front 9 Pro 37
    10.29.09 BETHPAGE BLACK Front 9 Pro 36
    10.27.09 BETHPAGE BLACK Front 9 Pro 34
    10.26.09 BETHPAGE BLACK Back 9 Pro 34
    10.26.09 KIAWAH ISLAND: THE OCEAN COURSE Front 9 Pro 51
    10.21.09 BETHPAGE BLACK Front 9 Pro 42
    10.19.09 BETHPAGE BLACK Front 9 Amateur 38
    10.19.09 BETHPAGE BLACK Full 18 Amateur 78
    10.19.09 KIAWAH ISLAND: THE OCEAN COURSE Back 9 Amateur 39
    10.19.09 BETHPAGE BLACK Front 9 Amateur 35
    10.18.09 BETHPAGE BLACK Front 9 Amateur 37
    10.18.09 KIAWAH ISLAND: THE OCEAN COURSE Front 9 Amateur 39
    10.18.09 BETHPAGE BLACK Front 9 Amateur 39
    10.16.09 BETHPAGE BLACK Front 9 Amateur 36
    10.16.09 KIAWAH ISLAND: THE OCEAN COURSE Front 9 Hack 37
    10.13.09 BETHPAGE BLACK Front 9 Hack 39

This is the record of first entry, have no idea what you are talking about with an entry of 51. You must have someone else in mind. I have to laugh at you defending this. Makes me wonder where you are coming from

his first entry day he shot a 39, 3rd day a a 36, continued on until eligible for better clubs, stopped at the pro level, destroyed masters and pros alike. Pinehill a 109, and I would like to know how many 78 pro's shot a 109 pinehill

You can defend, but I do not see your basis. He is hiding at a 78 to attract match play players. At least, that is the way I see it.

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 9:01 AM

It is fairly easy to get 'pretty good' quick if  you have played other similar games.  However that is reflected on your scoring average and rank.  What I have noticed is that a lot of people don't play ranked rounds and while their scoring average doesn't go down, still 125 or something like that, they are pretty darn good.  I have run into a couple of these in match play.  I would also say that in many cases, mine included, when I got to master I pretty much stopped playing stroke play and only have played match play except for tournies so my average has moved up a little.  The Hacks that I played who could give me a good game, I think I lose to one and beat two (one via a forfeit) had played before.  They had standard clubs and hit every green on the back nine of Kiawah including hits the first par 5 in two, the shots were just too good to not be hit by a player who had played before.  While this isn't right, I don't see any rules against it since no one can make you play ranked rounds and improve your level.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 9:16 AM

naughty1:
    10.26.09 KIAWAH ISLAND: THE OCEAN COURSE Front 9 Pro 51 [...]
    This is the record of first entry, have no idea what you are talking about with an entry of 51.

His first Kiawah half-round as a Pro was a 51, and his first Bethpage half-round as a Pro was a 42. Those are credible scores after playing from new tees. And as TarheelsRule says, no one is obliged to play any ranked rounds. They can just play practice rounds all day long if they wish to. In fact, there are now certain community-organized tournaments which require you to play in Practice Mode. (For example, the Ladder site's weekly It's a Knockout tournament has just switched its format and from next Sunday will require everyone to play only with starter equipment in Practice Mode. )

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:21 AM

Faterson:

naughty1:

Faterson, I believe the subtlety is lost on the recipient.  It was, however, most appropriately worded.

• PAGES
RSS