Forums

Help › Forums

Cricket

Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:36 PM (155 replies)
  • Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 5:50 PM

Steeeerck 3............your out....game over...... Cricketers loose 5 to 4....Yanks will buy the beer.

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 5:59 PM

Nope, that ain't right, Yap, it's "yer out"(!). And I'll drink to that. Good innings. (See, I know my cricket)

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 6:29 PM

Give me a silly mid on deep backward square leg and bouncers any day

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 7:07 PM

AGArgent:

Nope, that ain't right, Yap, it's "yer out"(!). And I'll drink to that. Good innings. (See, I know my cricket)

I stand corrected YER right.....LOL [quote

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 8:02 PM

YankeeJim:
    Yessir, brother Rob, and gsoup just smoked one to the deepest park of the park with 3 Americanos on the bags.  :-D

I DID?? cool when do i see the paycheck!

lol

-G

i hope that was part

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 2:14 AM

YankeeJim:

Let's see, we have Portugal, Australia, Chile and the UK all playing Cricket. I guess that  makes sense since a Cricket game can take many days and you all could travel around and play the same game against each other. LOL. Now THAT would be a true World Series.

I'm afraid Americans would get bored real quick, though. You could use a snow shovel and you still wouldn't be able to hit a major league fastball from that distance. ;-)

Cricket is loved all over the world...  The recognised nations are Australia, England, India, Sri Lanka, Sth Africa, West Indies, Pakistan, N.Zealand and... Zimbawe ,who are banned due to politics :( 

The Test Matches can take upto 5 days to play, sometimes finishing in 3/4 days. There is the shorter game.. 50 overs each team, 1 day comp.. and the 20 overs each team, which will take a few hours.

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 5:12 AM

No offence, but 8 countries is hardly the world.

208 countries, there's a world game.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 5:23 AM

JuanMendoza:

No offence, but 8 countries is hardly the world.

208 countries, there's a world game.

Now yer talkin' Juan!!  The Fédération Internationale de Basketball (FIBA) has 213 member countries.

Looks like Basketball is the #1 world sport!  ;)

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 5:29 AM

Gotta give ya that one Andy!

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 7:14 AM

i shall take it on the chin and say Congrats.

...........An Amercian Game in Amercia of course your going to win,  You love baseball as much as we love our cricket, But the real question is By How Much did you win,  it was pretty close if i remember right.

Lucky

RSS