Forums

Help › Forums

Average Score Tracking

Fri, Oct 30 2009 7:21 AM (2 replies)
  • swiftowl
    8 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 5:06 PM

Posted this in WGT Beta too but this is probably a better place for it.

How about adding a graph to My Profile that tracks one's average score.

Also, we should be able to conceed putts or holes in match play,  It would speed up the holes where one player is completely out of it.

And a question - can anyone explain to me what the criteria is for being deemed a "Master?"  It doesn't seem to be based on handicap - I mean Average Score - so what is it based on?

Generally I really love your game.  Keep up the good work and add more courses!

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 2:17 AM

Hi swiftowl.  You old timers correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe WGT has ever divulged the exact criteria for making Master...but it most certainly is based on scoring average.  I was promoted at around 65.7 back at the end of Sept 09.  Apparently the number was higher before that so it is not as easy to get there now.    

Playing in the right tier for you is important.  Check out my blog post, on my profile page, for more on this.

Joey

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 7:21 AM

Old timer here... yes actually, at one point it was known what the exact transition points were to be promoted to the next tier.  Any of us suggested that this not be known in order to deter sandbagging.  Since then it has all been speculation, my understanding is that it is not based solely on average, but on some other factors as well.  (rounds played, etc.)

RSS