Forums

Help › Forums

Fri, Oct 30 2009 2:25 PM (6 replies)
  • Judge25
    1 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 10:07 AM

Hi guys,

Newbie here.. Just wondering if you can give some advice on how I can play more effectively with my drive. I can't seem to adjust on each shot.. Does the wind really affects where the ball will land? Depending on where the ball will lie, will it affect how much power I need for a swing? Pls help.. Tnx guys..

• OldBeachdog
    39 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 2:18 PM

The wind has a big impact.  I usually hit a topspin into the wind and a backspin with the wind (to get it up in the air).  The little ball in the lower right adjusts the spin by moving the green dot up or down.

For side winds, I either adjust the target or swing a little early for winds from the left and vice versa.

It also affects the power ... more power into the wind and less with a tailwind.

Of course, I am not so good at the game so maybe one of the pros can weigh in.

Old Beachdog

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 2:39 PM

Judge25:
    I can't seem to adjust on each shot.

i must admit i really don't know what you are trying to say...so lets start with a basic question; Are you using the little blue triangle to aim your shot ?

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 3:37 PM

Judge25:
    Just wondering if you can give some advice on how I can play more effectively with my drive.

Hey Judge,first off I got alot of help in the game tips forum.Just read through them,all if necessary.Practice driving with out trying to ding the meter/excellent everytime.That is by far the most inconsistent way I have found to drive the ball.Just move the aiming cursor either way you want left/right and hit the meter a little late or a little earlier..Once you get used to that you can really use the wind to your advantage..If you need further assistance go to my page and add as friend so communications would be easier..You can remove as friend at anytime so you wont be stuck with me.lol

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 4:21 PM

Welcome Judge25.  Take some time and check out the information over there including tutorials--------------------------------------------------------------------->

Just about everything will affect your drives, its a matter of practice and experimenting to see what works for you.  You'll need to check the wind speed, wind direction, spin (not as important for driving I think), club selection (The auto caddy does not always pick the best club so check this every time), swing selection and most importantly...the accuracy of hitting that darn white line.

I have heard people claim they can aim by hitting early or late of the white line but I was never comfortable with that.  Figured if I couldn't hit the white line, how can I accurately stop the meter just in front or just after it.  But that is just me.

Oh, and don't be in too big of a hurry to move up in tiers.  There is a discussion about this on my blog post.  Check my profile page for more on that.  

Joey

• Galenhunter
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 9:56 AM

I think old Beachdog explained pretty well, slow your roll and read and don't be afraid to LISTEN  Don't be so JUDGEMENTAL.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 2:25 PM

Galenhunter:

I think old Beachdog explained pretty well, slow your roll and read and don't be afraid to LISTEN  Don't be so JUDGEMENTAL.

I don't see anybody being judgmental in this thread, just giving opinions.

It is a good idea to search your question in 'search' box because you will get lots of information.

The problem (not really a problem) is this. We have a game here that is very much like real golf. All your buddies and even the pros will have different opinions and ways of playing the game. There is no correct answer to many of the questions posed here, just opinions.

The best advice that I can give is read everything you can and then make your own decision.

Good luck and keep it on the short grass.

RSS