Forums

Help › Forums

Playing in Groups...

Thu, Oct 29 2009 2:34 PM (5 replies)
  • SandbaggerZac
    1 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 8:09 AM

There needs to be a punishment put into place for those "Pros" that withdraw from a ranked group because they made a poor shot or had a bad hole.  I can understand when you have to withdraw once in a day for something that comes up but every time a group that starts with 4 inevitably ends up just being me in the end.

Grow up you "Professional" clowns and if you can't play every round and score every round, play by yourself.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 8:21 AM

This, of course, is one of THE big issues here.

I understand why one might want/need to quit in the middle of a round.

I understand the desire to play with others.

Perhaps the solution for those with a propensity to quit would be for WGT to introduce "virtual groups" where you play against the computer, not against humans.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 5:30 PM

Doublemochaman:

This, of course, is one of THE big issues here.

I understand why one might want/need to quit in the middle of a round.

I understand the desire to play with others.

Perhaps the solution for those with a propensity to quit would be for WGT to introduce "virtual groups" where you play against the computer, not against humans.

Part of the fun of group play is the "conversation" between players. And is a "virtul" 4some going to have 3 computer players at pro level? Will it mishit a shot or have a meter jump?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 5:42 PM

Hi AlaCowboy.  I agree with you.  When I play with others I always like to chat: Learn where they are from, where they've played real golf, about their lifestyle... just a curious guy.  But my experience is that most quiters are not talkers.  They seem to be ultra serious and not into the social side of the game.  And why couldn't there be a virtual group that plays  at your level, all in different outfilts so you can tell who is who.  About the stuttering meter, somehow I don't think WGT would give that  frustration to their virtual players.  But bad shots, yes.

• TierHack
    3 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 7:25 PM

maybe someone can shed some light on this for me...

why do pros/masters join me in a group and then decline 2 seconds later when they see that I am just a beginner? (I am assuming that is why)...

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 2:34 PM

only thing i can think of is the highly coveted "match play points"...as a master i get 2 for winning versus a master and 1 for winning versus a pro...i have no idea where this goes for am's and hacks.

seems silly for sure.

gl

RSS