Forums

Help › Forums

Announcement: Last Chance Flash Sale

Fri, May 10 2019 3:20 PM (118 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 5:15 AM

lonniescott711:

WOW  I cant believe they are getting rid of the best putters in the pro shop ; 

L55 Taylor Made Daytona Rossa 

L70 L96 Versa Putters and L98 Sabertooth M1 M2

Now wondering what the replacements will be .Will they be better or worse than to make the game harder . Guess I`ll be hanging on to what I have now . Looks like there may be some eye candy at L103 with a new driver but maybe not .

The Daytona Rossa was well over due to be removed ,Taylor made hasn't made it for years. Odyssey has a whole line of new putters and The Versa and Sabertooth are not included in the line.. 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 6:09 AM

msulaman:

This thread seems to be a good place to request that you finally release a 3 wood that has reasonable uncertainty built in. The best high-level 3 woods are completely unreliable especially with regard to lateral motion. A club that gives results 5-7 yards offline (to either side) with a dinged shot is not realistic and no professional golfer would play with such a club.

This can't be the first time such a request was made to wgt since it's a well known problem, but so far nothing has been done to accommodate these requests. The right solution would be to adjust the appropriate parameter/statistic on the existing high level clubs. However even releasing a new 3 wood that behaved reasonably would be a great step forward in making this wonderful game even more realistic and fun.

I always thought the high-level 3-woods are fine. I don't have an issue with my Nike, which is very comparable to the Callaway. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 6:31 AM

Robert1893:

msulaman:

This thread seems to be a good place to request that you finally release a 3 wood that has reasonable uncertainty built in. The best high-level 3 woods are completely unreliable especially with regard to lateral motion. A club that gives results 5-7 yards offline (to either side) with a dinged shot is not realistic and no professional golfer would play with such a club.

This can't be the first time such a request was made to wgt since it's a well known problem, but so far nothing has been done to accommodate these requests. The right solution would be to adjust the appropriate parameter/statistic on the existing high level clubs. However even releasing a new 3 wood that behaved reasonably would be a great step forward in making this wonderful game even more realistic and fun.

I always thought the high-level 3-woods are fine. I don't have an issue with my Nike, which is very comparable to the Callaway. 

They are a crapshoot.  Ding, low wind and they'll randomly choose to go straight left or right.  I've definitely witnessed this behaviour.  

• lonniescott711
    4,181 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 6:51 AM

kavvz:
    They are a crapshoot.  Ding, low wind and they'll randomly choose to go straight left or right.  I've definitely witnessed this behaviour.

This is so very true . The ball always comes off the club face at either 11 , 12 , or 1:00 . Also if playing with the rock the distances are jacked up as well . When playing on Kiawah I cant reach any of the  par 5s  in 2 even if Im in the range to do so .

Also we should have a hybrid that goes 240 - 250 yards . Every hybrid regardless of level only goes 225 yards . There should be one that can compete with the 3 wood giving players the option of which club they want . I would buy one and dump the 3 wood if WGT would make it .

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 6:55 AM

kavvz:

OK. Take your word for it. I wasn't aware of that. I knew the old Big Bertha (L89) had horrible forgiveness. 

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 7:23 AM

I have same problem with Callaway lvl 99 3 wood, dinged shots will intermittently start on a line that seems 5-10 degrees off of aimed line of flight.  Interested to see what the new lines of clubs will be!

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 7:40 AM

andwhy67:

lonniescott711:
    Now wondering what the replacements will be

same rubbish they offer on mobile............Coin gear!

We have no plans to add new coin gear to the mobile proshop at this time. Thanks for asking. 

_CHAMPION 

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 7:45 AM

So, Champion, does this mean there will be LOADS of new equipment coming out to replace all those being removed???

There are loads of clubs you are removing that I was working my way towards as I move up the levels and I can't even buy them in the sale, because they are not yet unlocked to me??

I am thinking a lot of players are in this position and we need equipment to upgrade to progress in the game. I've just made legend and will (eventually) need longer and more accurate clubs, for example especially in the driver/3 wood/iron set categories.

PLEASE LET US KNOW ABOUT NEW EQUIPMENT

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:01 AM

DampandDusty:

So, Champion, does this mean there will be LOADS of new equipment coming out to replace all those being removed???

There are loads of clubs you are removing that I was working my way towards as I move up the levels and I can't even buy them in the sale, because they are not yet unlocked to me??

I am thinking a lot of players are in this position and we need equipment to upgrade to progress in the game. I've just made legend and will (eventually) need longer and more accurate clubs, for example especially in the driver/3 wood/iron set categories.

PLEASE LET US KNOW ABOUT NEW EQUIPMENT

There will be new equipment. More info soon ;-P

_CHAMPION 

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:06 AM

Thanks for your rapid reply.

Good. We need something to work towards and I intend to continue work to improve my game and part of that is getting new equipment to go hand in hand with my skills that have improved through practice (just like in the real world).

I was downhearted by your announcement but now I feel a little cheerier - don't be too long with releasing the new equipment...

RSS