Forums

Help › Forums

Addicted to WGT? Top 10 reasons you are:

Sun, Dec 20 2009 11:53 AM (48 replies)
  • EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 11:56 AM

You know when you're addicted to WGT when...

You start making tourneys that never end

You click the refresh button every five minutes to see if there are any forum updates (on here AND the ladders)

When you start making lists of things

Yep, that's me alright!

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 1:32 PM

I was looking forward to getting my WGT sweatshirt and having my handle put on it until I ready that post...should I return it?

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 3:06 AM

Great thread...

you know yr addicted to WGT when you're scrummaging round the house for ANYTHING!!! to sell on ebay just so you have money in paypal account to spend in the pro shop.

• swdeva
    238 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 10:41 AM

Now thats really bad.

• kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:10 AM

you know your addicted to wgt when you find yourself every once in a while looking at tibbets profile, see what clubs he is using, check his stats, and scratch your head wondering how has this guy won almost 10 grand

you know your addicted ........when your wife comes home and sees a hole in the monitor almost the exact size of your mouse

you know your addicted when .......you patently wait for a new course to come out, your thoughts are consumed with good ideas like....a virtual putting green, a virtual driving range,  a thousand ways to gamble, actually thinking about making a living and never having to leave your chair......hmmmm......HELP!!

you know your addicted when your wife is so fed up she yells, either that game goes or im going....and there is nothing but silence...

• kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:16 AM

i forgot one more....

you know your addicted when you find yourself at the local computer store , and for the first time in your life actually getting a full presentation on mice, the pros and cons and what is the best one to buy....errr...ahhh....this thread is just ....cough cough... for fun, i would never ...cough cough...oh i have something stuck in my throat....i would never go to that extreme...heh

• Disfunction
    27 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 12:52 AM

You know you're addicted when... you try to replace the divots, ball marks, and try rake the sand after a Tibbetsesque shot while playing WGT.

You know you're addicted when... you decide to take the fairway wood off the tee in real golf 'cause you think you'll miss the white line.

You know you're addicted when... you make a song about the f***ing deviations and another one about how awesome your 5-over par round was.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 2:45 AM

OK  it's 1:30am...Im really tired. My best mate from Austrailia comes on  and im ready for bed..ok ACCA, ill play you a quick 9 match play...after a very tough battle, I beat him on the front 9 ...9th hole with a nice par ..We play quick  so ill granted him the rematch. He picks the front 9 at Death Page..ok  were trading great shots, lots of birdies..all our chip are going within 3 yards and I manage to finally screw up and lose the match on #9...

Ok  we have to make this best out of 3...yikes, we agree on the back of Death Page..hole after hole were making great saves..i chip in a couple and ACCA birds right on top of me...finally we come to number 18..I screw up  and pull it in the left bunker...ACCA hits a nice approach within 15 ft..I barely go over the back of the green on my 115 yard bunker shot...chip  within 1 yard and much to my astonishment Acca Misses his put...SUDDEN DEATH...we split the fw.  ACCA hits a nice shot within 12 feet...pressed I bounce a good shot over the back and chip back to a couple of feet...ACCA drains his putt to win the best of 3...greatly played bro...now im sitting here at  3AM writting this post...Man, im really tired..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 11:15 AM

LMAO dan-Addicted is when you don 't have the sense to realize you're tired, you can't click worth a crap, you nod off when the other guy takes 30-45 secs to shoot and you decide to play your league match anyway. Then it takes you three holes to realize you're on slow greens and another 3 holes to remember how to putt on slow greens. By then you're in a bigassed hole and can't dig out-you lose.

Finally, bedtime-well, maybe peek in the meet and greet to see who's around...........

Let me know when it's my shot.........

YJ

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 11:25 AM

Wow, you guys are terribly addicted, it makes me feel terrible just to think that there are people like that! I

I´ll just leave this stinking thread, go and take a look at the tournament I´ve been organising for six months, read about another seven or eight forum posts, play the ctth challenge for an hour, the unlimited play 9 holes for another hour, play some friend on multiplayer and then go to bed at 1 am!

RSS