Forums

Help › Forums

Awards In Match Play

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 22 2009 9:53 PM (4 replies)
  • hooker27
    28 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 4:23 PM

Imagine you have played over 200 ranked rounds without a hole in one. And then the day comes. A hole in one on Bethpage number 3. Yippee! Unfortunately, you are in a match play game and to your horror you find out later that it did not count. What a rip.

Match play or not, a hole in one or your greatest drive should count as an award. So should flagsticks hit or your longest putt.

We are in this game to have fun. Recognition of an achievement should be part of the fun. Whether it is stroke or match play, awards should be given in all ranked or scored games.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 5:02 PM

hooker27:
    Recognition of an achievement should be part of the fun. Whether it is stroke or match play, awards should be given in all ranked or scored games.

While I will agree with you in principal (and congrats on the Ace), and can feel  your pain knowing you have that Ace but it didn't count for anything but that match,  there is no way to record stats in the match play format we currently enjoy... for the simple reason that the holes are not finished.  If your partner drops his birdie, and you are putting for bogey, the hole ends.  (It will be even shorter when the "Concede Hole" button comes into play.)

If all the strokes can not be counted, there is no fair way to add these shots in Match Play to your stats.

It is a pain, to be sure, but if we are to enjoy Match Play, it is the way it has to be.  Unless you want to count every putt, even when you Ace the hole and your partner drops 4 into the water.

No, I believe NOT counting these strokes in our stats and records is the right way.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 7:42 AM

Edit:...forgot scores are not shown on the card...real life yes...here no...my fault....

Did you save the scorecard?...an easier way is coming very soon to do this.

CLICK HERE

Then you can at least have a permanent memory of it.

Congratulations...wish I had one.

• hooker27
    28 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 12:24 PM

To clarify: it was my son who lost a chance to have a hole in one in his award record. Not me. I have one.

I still believe that awards for holes in one, eagles, longest drive, flagsticks hit and longest putt should be included in the award record when they occur in a scored match play game. These are personal achievements that were gained during a competitive round of golf. And, because they are personal achievements I do not believe that it is relevant that all holes may not be completed or that the opponent conceded a hole.

• HigherThanYall
    51 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 9:53 PM

I agree I have 200 ranked rounds with only 1 eagle.I got my 2nd one , I was so happy...Then I found out you dont even get the Stats....Yea Thats right all the bride's you make dont count ...there's no stats besides win's and loss's...WHY?

RSS