Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • 7Elway7
    15 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2019 9:20 PM

Semi Finals Match 2

7Elway7 #123 defeats Climatic #108 

4/3

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 12:18 AM
    Duffputt (Wooden tee CC) wins 1up against F1dget (The beat ranch) in World cup. Super quality match with plenty of birds from both sides. Hole 17 was the highligt. Duff was 1 up but hit 40/50 rough 7Y away and F1dget stiffs to 7 feet (on the short pin). Duff makes a hole-out from rough and F1dget holes the putt for a good half.
  • pipala
    887 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 9:07 AM

MGB01:

bubbs thank you so much for an awesome game.....we both had our wtf moments for sure.....but we didnt care lol......we were just having a friendly banter and fun......awesome to play with someone that just wants a blast.......what a great guy you are bubbs......i was gutted to see you miss that putt.....didnt deserve to lose that way.......this game was the epithy of what this world cup is about..........thx bubbs a million

A quality match it seems between two quality guys , I was gutted to miss this one but unfortunately family issues had to be dealt with. Well done both on an excellent match and a great advert for this competition.

Rumour has it that "Dev" bloke was in the chat, good job I wasn't there lol

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 9:46 AM

MGB01:

bubbs thank you so much for an awesome game.....we both had our wtf moments for sure.....but we didnt care lol......we were just having a friendly banter and fun......awesome to play with someone that just wants a blast.......what a great guy you are bubbs......i was gutted to see you miss that putt.....didnt deserve to lose that way.......this game was the epithy of what this world cup is about..........thx bubbs a million

Feelings mutual Mickey

Plus I feel the viewers liked it.

Think even your club mates didn't like the end.

Well....a bit ;-)

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 10:21 AM

duffputt:
    Duffputt (Wooden tee CC) wins 1up against F1dget (The beat ranch) in World cup. Super quality match with plenty of birds from both sides. Hole 17 was the highligt. Duff was 1 up but hit 40/50 rough 7Y away and F1dget stiffs to 7 feet (on the short pin). Duff makes a hole-out from rough and F1dget holes the putt for a good half.

Great game vs Duffputt, A ton of birdies on Merion by both of us with Duffs pitch in on the 17th from 40 - 50 ruff the game breaker.

Quality win Duff well done mate it was a pleasure to meet and play against a very tough opponent.

• zerixx
    55 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 10:38 AM

Semi Finals Match 2 - Paragon 1 vs Paragon 2

zerixx wins 5up vs mikee672

As always, Mike is a great guy to play with, we've played many times in our CC together.  We battled it out on the front 9 and it was very close but I managed to hit a few decent shots on the back to close out the match.  As always, its always fun playing with a fellow CC member in the world cup.  All the best to Mike.

• Cuser44
    1,052 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 11:00 AM

Semi Finals--East Coast 2 v Paragon 4

2 matches to report:

dONpaND wins 1up vs pwrply152

Roy played well.  I got off to a quick start ... 5up thru first 8 holes.  He came back in next 8 holes to go AS thru 16.  I won 17  and halved 18  to finish 1up.  Go team ..

Second Match

Cuser44 wins 3 up vs duda51

We halve hole 1 and I take a 1 up lead on 2 with a birdie.  Hole #3 was a sensational shot by Duda with an ace.  A/S

We halve 4 and in my opinion this is where the match took a turn.  I was able to capitalize on some unfortunate putting luck on Duda's behalf.  The 5th and 6th greens can be tricky at Merion and I took advantage with a 2 up lead.

7-9-no action here.  halved all 3...Cuser44 2up after 9 

Hole #10 and #11-Halved

Hole #12 I lip a par save and Duda sinks his to cut the lead to 1up-Cuser44

I take back the 2up lead on #13 as Duda ran into some more WGT magic.  I increase this lead to 3 up on #14.

Duda gets 1 back on #15 and I finish the match with a win on #16 for a 3 Up Victory for East Coast.

The result did not indicate the player that Duda is.  He was a gentleman and a good sport.  The match was closer than the score shows.

Good Luck to the remaining players in the semis.

Cuser44      Dominick

• mikee672
    250 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 11:02 AM

Zerixx wins 5 up 

Knew coming into the match was going to be an uphill battle, however was able to keep it a bit close on the front, then Kyle made some clutch shots/putts. Pulled away and never looked back. Was fun to play against a fellow CC member, and a great one at that!!

Great win Kyle!!

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 12:31 PM

Cup Playoff; Semi-Finals

Matchplay

Merion

Match 2

PARAGON 1 v PARAGON 2

Tie # 2

#108 climatic (Brenden) v #123 7Elway7 (Ray)

#1 Front pin, Ray's wedge landed at the pin but hopped back 2 yd's to leave a tester. Brenden hit a beauty In. Ray dinged his 8 footer Into the heart of the hole. AS

#2 Back pin Into a HW. Both finished a couple of yd's away & Ray was first to strike by sinking his tricky 6 footer below the hole. Brenden borrowed my RAM stick from 5 ft & deformed the hole when It went through It. Ray 1 up

#3 Back pin with a TW. Ray played the back slope beautifully & finished 2 yd's away. Brenden had an early click & lost distance as well as direction & finished 56 ft away short & left & he nearly made the putt but he just ran across the face of the hole. Ray sunk his 5 footer. Ray up 2

#4 Back pin buta HW :( Brenden went 2 yd's long & Ray left his 3 yd's below the hole. Ray just missed a ball high & Brenden pulled his putt. Hole 1/2'd, Ray 2 up

#5 Front pin. Ray hit a pearler In & rolled & stopped 1 yd to the left of the hole after using the contours of the green to roll towards the hole & nearly hole out. Brenden took the direct approach & while he landed a yd away his ball continued to roll 4 yd's away. Brenden just missed his 13 footer. Ray 3 up

#6 Front pin, Ray's ever so slight early click just cost him the yd he needed to hold the front of the green. Brenden finished on but 5 yd's short n right. Ray's pitch missed. Brenden 14 ft putt looked destined to be In from 3 ft away but just tailed off. Ray 3 up

#7 Back pin, Ray's dinged top spin wedge didn't take the sidewind much & finished 8.5 ft short left & Brenden hit his to within a yd. Ray broke a little more straight off the bat & just slid by. Brenden 2 down

#8 Front pin, Brenden's putt from 6.5 ft swerved away from the hole & Ray made his tricky 3.7 footer. Ray 3 up

#9 Back pin with a TW, Ray hit a beauty to within a yd off the tee. Brenden also hit In a gooden to 5 ft, hole 1/2's with birds. Ray 3 up

B9

#10 Right pin with a HW, Raay landed just on & It tried to roll off but stayed on to leave ray 12 yd's away. Brenden landed 2 yd's away pin high left. Ray had a fine effort from 34 foot. Brenden's Eagle putt looked In from 1/2 a foot out but again swerved away. Ray still 3 up

#11 Back pin, Ray hit his a tad long but Brenden either forgot to switch clubs or mixed up the HW as a TW as he just made the front of the green & 36 ft short & he'd a fine effort from there but just missed a cup out. Ray sunk his 11 footer. Ray 4 up

#12 Back pin, Ray hit his to 8.5 ft short left & just missed a ball high & Brenden generously conceded the 4.6 return putt for par to Ray. Brenden had 3 ft for bird but even though It was close It was far from a gimmee & that proved to be the case as Brenden hit It firm to take out the break & It ran over the Inside left of the hole. Rat conceded the 6 ft return putt for par to Brenden. Ray 4 up

#13 Right pin, Brenden sunk his 10 footer from below the hole & Ray In turn sunk his 4 footer, Ray 4 up

#14 Left pin, Brenden finished 5 yd's short & slightly left but Ray's somehow came up 20 yd's short with a slight miss-ding. Ray missed his difficult 42 footer & Brenden just missed his 14 footer. Ray 4 up

#15 Front Pin. Bit of a predicament for Ray as cos of his wedge make up he had to manufacture a shot In & boy did he do just that, He hit his 100 W underpower (83% power) & with 1/4 BS & It landed pin high & hopped just past from 74 yd's out. Brenden landed just short & rolled off but BAM Brenden pitched In for bird from 6 yd's. Ray had a tester from 6.6 Ft & down 4 above the hole but he dispatched that putt with ease to half the hole with birds but win the match

A 4 & 3 win for 7Elway& (Ray) of PARAGON 2

3 -2 to PARAGON 1 v PARAGON 2 In the overall standings at the moment

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 5:35 PM

Plate Q-finals match 2

KenBTexas v Julio1235

as much fun as can be had around Marion

Hit a few god ones hit a few bad ones

Great match and very good guy. 

In the end KenB wins..

Thanks for the match J.