Forums

Help › Forums

re: big hitting

Tue, Jul 6 2010 7:07 AM (24 replies)
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 7:41 AM

Aha, should have read a little more closely (one of my problems despite my voracious love of reading). Those balls should have a major effect on distance ... although it seems to me that only the average distance would go up rather than the highest distance. There are huge factors when hitting a ball 350yds; and to get those factors exactly right is nearly impossible. I'm still a little skeptical, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

• tuffgolfer
    21 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:10 AM

gaoerfuqiu:
    There are huge factors when hitting a ball 350yds

What?! People hit for 350 yards in here? I'd be happy to get to 300. When I upgraded my driver to Pro 9.5 and hit a shot 290, I felt as if the Lord had looked at me and smiled. Probably shot 88 that day but did not care...wanted to get that 290 in the books.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:27 AM

There is no need to be so sarcastic, "tuff". Yes, people have hit 350yds; yes, some golf balls do slow down the meter; and Tibbets has earned a lot of credits but he does deserve what he earns. Please tone down your edge.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:20 AM

Just by observing in matches I've played, the SD ball seems to get 10 yds or so, more often 12-13 yds  longer than same driver without. This isn't anything I've studied closely but I will outdistance most players, pro and master, that aren't using the same ball.

The Taylor irons seem to react favorably too, to the tune of 3-4 yds, or so. I'm sure somebody's got more accurate data but the ball definitely does add something good.

Having already whacked the older balls 343 yds I can definitely see someone getting to BPB6 and smoking it 375, with roll and wind.

YJ

'

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 2:01 PM

I think that the only question is- where is the fairway long enough to hit it that far? Isn`t BB#6 maxed out? That seems to be the only option for "record" drives.?? Unless we can play the diamond or black tees, we run out of fairway.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 5:51 PM

For the record my 349 was with the GI-D balls.

• leetiyler
    101 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 2:59 PM

I can't see which hole is capable of allowing the ball to travel

IT IS NOT A BALL, JUST A MRAGE

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 7:22 AM

One thing you all have to keep in mind... the current long drive hole (#6 BPB) has a 'sweet spot' that you must hit to get the 345+ yard drive.  With the addition of the new SD balls it will make it less likely to achieve it because you will overshoot that spot more often.  In other words the longest drives are due to environment more than equipment.  It just so happens that the equipment was finally upgraded to allow us to find that 'sweet spot'.  There my be other spots, but none that have more potential that one,  IMO.

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 10:20 AM

"380 with the default club".......lmfao

• MICHAELPOTYCZ
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 7:28 PM

damn i thought i might of had it  i hit a 351 two days ago

RSS