Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Ryder Cup 2018

Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:28 PM (381 replies)
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2018 7:56 PM

That concludes the first round. Lots of great matches, Europe was able to reduce the deficit after a rough start. Kenher01 is the winner of the 5k being the only one who guessed the correct result.

The matchups for the second round will be up in a few days time.

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2018 8:33 PM

Round 1 summary from the ROTW perspective...

WoW what a great round to get this tournament underway. Some fiercely competitive matches played and in very good spirits. Twenty players going head to head for your viewing pleasure and they did not disappoint. Give yourselves a big pat on the back, none of this would be possible without you so thanks to both teams.

Moving along....

Congratulations to those of you who won your matches. To those of you who halved your games well done, those half points could be the difference at the end of round 4. Those players who went down to there opponents, please do not get down about this, you done your best and that is all we can ask of you. There is always a chance at redemption so chin up.

It was a tough round for me to match up, It was 2 power house line ups and we done our best to ensure we made the correct decision to maximize our full potential. Please correct me if i am wrong, but as i understand the ROTW team has no further control over who we play for the next 3 rounds.

I was going through the bets that were placed prior to round 1, Seemed as if a majority of the community had written off the ROTW chances as they heavily favored the European team. Anything can happen on the day and i am very happy we proved most people wrong.

Just to finish off i would like to say thank you to the Darren and the European team for putting up a great fight. To my team hold your heads high you deserve it very well done ladies and gentlemen great effort by the squad who represented us.

Round 2 teams will be submitted within the next couple of days, I will be honest and i am sure most will agree, it is not our strong point but we shall be doing our very best to ensure we are competitive and maybe cause an upset or 2.

Thank you again and good luck to both teams moving forward.

Jay

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2018 6:37 AM

f1dget:
    Please correct me if i am wrong, but as i understand the ROTW team has no further control over who we play for the next 3 rounds.

Yes, that's right. Europe will choose in round 2, round 3 and 4 will be by random draw because it wouldn't be fair to continue the same method as in the first two rounds with the differing number of pairings. 

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2018 4:00 PM

birchi:

That concludes the first round. Lots of great matches, Europe was able to reduce the deficit after a rough start. Kenher01 is the winner of the 5k being the only one who guessed the correct result.

Thanks Simon,

But much as I'd like to take full credit for being the "only" one to predict the correct result I wasn't the only one.

Well done to Lonnie also 

Myself & Lonnie have agreed to split the winnings with Peter's blessing, Thanks again Peter for sponsoring The Sweep.

Ken

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2018 4:39 PM

Thanks Ken, I read lonnie's post the other way around, but glad you sorted it out. 

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2018 1:06 PM

Matchups for round 2, starting Monday. Place your bets for the 2nd 5k sponsored by Peter!

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2018 1:34 PM

7-3 for Europe, VAMOSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!

Giraldin

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2018 1:46 PM

6 Europe

4 RoTW

Good luck all!  

• papadeaux
    864 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2018 1:52 PM

5.5 Europe 4.5 ROTW 

Good luck both teams