Forums

Help › Forums

New balls with spin suck....

Sat, Oct 24 2009 5:54 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Ketner
    49 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 8:51 PM

New wedges..... whats the difference, less spin than the others, everything else looks to be about the same as well.

New balls.......boooo spin as much as the old ones do.

For christ sakes wgt we want spin. Stop releasing in baby steps. release a damn ball that will 1 hop sit and spin 2 ft back something for christ sakes. stop enticing us with crap updates so we keep buying and buying ..... this isnt right and you people should know this buy now...

Remember this is just one dissapointed customer. Others will as they have in the past and chime in on their own dissapointments in your release and as ive noticed when you get tibbetts and avatarlee , etc etc, becoming upset then you better realize and quickly realize that they are the heavy weights, seniors in this game, they can give or take away customers for you as they dissaprove publicly in a forum. 

i cant speak for the best players here but im sure at this point in there game adding spin and ball control would make it more enjoyable rather than routine.

Not happy 

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 9:04 PM

strike the comment about the spin, just hit a couple shots and wow, cool. it works. could use more still

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 9:39 AM

Ketner:

strike the comment about the spin, just hit a couple shots and wow, cool. it works. could use more still

Where did you achieve this notable feat, what club, what ball?

Warren

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 10:24 AM

To Ketner:

An apology would be better or at least edit your own post and put a strike through your comments.

To Tresclub: 

Taylor Made Tour Preferred Iron Set (steel)...which is why I bought them...wow...couple them with the new GI-S ball that slows the fast meter a bit and look out.

Please check out the Eagle Replay on my page...Kiawah 1st hole back spin of the club drops it back to and in the hole.  Did not use any backspin on the ball...left the dot where it was.  Still have to get use to stopping the ball so good.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 10:46 AM

The SD balls are filthy ridiculous. It turns the fast greens into velcro and definitely draws back if you want. Can't say enough about them. (Notice I'm ignoring the 69 cent price tag!)

I have the Taylor wedges with the spin rating, carry 4 of them, and the 90 yd wedge reacts the best.  They all stick like glue and are very accurate-you just have to hit them.

YJ

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 10:59 AM

Thanks YJ have to try them.

I too use the Taylor Made Z Satin TP Master 54°and 60  Wedges and they are quite nice.

p.s. Go Angels...sorry you've won enough...lol...this Tribe fan is still waiting.

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 10:18 PM

I completed the task of retracting my statement with the follow up post / reply. Thanks for your concern however due to the fact that I as previously mentioned followed up and said strike that etc....... i feel ive done enough. Im not going to apologize because I still want more. Dont you guys love those low short range shots that 1 hop and bite that looks so easy on the pga? Since I am in the master tier I believe we should have that same ability. Seems some shots do stick but yet some dont react at all.

After actually hitting some more shots that had more reaction I am excited for further advances in spin and ball control in general.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 8:32 AM

In my experience the spin has been working very well...I haven't tried the SD ball yet but according to Yankee Jim above they are "filthy ridiculous".  Not sure if that was the ball you were referring to since you never stated.

On the PGA tour I love those shots and having played enough real golf I know that you can't do that on every type green.  The angle of the green, speed, and even links play change the dynamics of every shot.  WGT has mimicked this very well I believe.

The apology part was not about what you wanted (more spin) but about the tone of your post. 

Thanks for reading this.

Hit em straight...and enjoy the game. 

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 1:23 PM

@Ketner- Keep in mind that if the ball is not struck perfectly, the results will not be perfect either. That`s to say, if your hit is a notch or so off mark, the affect of the back spin will be less affective as well. GL

• ZekeSr
    36 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 12:50 PM

I've gotta say that I also do not feel that these new Tour esgd whatever are worth anything.....in my humble opinion.  They seem to go about the same distance (have experimented with others on this) and give me no noticeable extra spin even from the GI-D balls.  Why have categories up to ten if you don't even come close to ever having the ability of using clubs or balls that can perform at that level?  You would think the masters level clubs would be very close to perfect at all levels i.e., distance, feel, spin, forgiveness, etc.  Keeping that carrot out in front of all us rabid users just like the real game.....it's a computer game give us some more!

• PAGES
RSS