Forums

Help › Forums

Postponed For the Future

Tue, Oct 13 2009 1:11 PM (4 replies)
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 12:26 PM

Hi everyone,

Today marks the first day that match play format is available to the public on WGT. This is a pretty big achievement for the game, as match play is a very exciting way to play golf and it will add a totally new element to the game. I thought it would be interesting to keep track of each player's win-loss records in match play. I wanted to start this early so that people see this quickly and remember to post their match scores here. I will link as many players as possible to this thread, and hopefully I can keep an accurate tally of the best match players on WGT. After a few days, a ranking system will come out based on W-L records and strength of matches played (meaning how good the people you played are). This will be lots of fun and it will be a realistic and sensible way to rate players in at least one way on this site, which we know has been nearly impossible so far. To post your score, either go to my profile or leave a comment below in this format:

10/13/09 gaoerfuqiu d. testusername 5&3

You can start posting match play scores now! Thanks and good luck.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 12:39 PM

Give it a few weeks.  There are quite a few bugs in the Match Play system right now, with people taking losses due to disconnects, etc.  Ratings will be skewed until a few things can get ironed out.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 12:52 PM

First off, great job with the 800th post, tibbets.

Second, I thought about it and realized that when I make a community website in the near future, I will start it there. That will give WGT some time to work out the kinks, and hopefully by then things will start to fall into place. Thanks for the comment and please disregard this thread for now. Unofficial World Golf Tour Matchplay Rankings will be announced in the coming weeks, but for now we shall wait and see what happens with this awesome new format. Thank you.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 12:59 PM

gaoerfuqiu:
    I thought about it and realized that when I make a community website in the near future, I will start it there.

Wow, I'm giving this thread 5 stars just for that quote!

Oh, and my first result was V Therockdoctor. The score? I won by 0&0.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 1:11 PM

Thanks Ellis, I'm not sure when I can start a website but it will be totally awesome! It'll have as many community tournaments as possible, rankings (matchplay and maybe even TallAcePaul's stroke play rankings!), and all sorts of cool stuff. It will include links to WGTLS and WGTpoT and advertise every tournament going on; and some tourneys will even have their own page(s) that will make it much easier to run tournaments and collect lots of sign-ups. It'll be a very organized way to find all types of neat things going on in the WGT community, and all ideas, comments and suggestions will be welcome. Be prepared to see this come out soon and when it does, please make it part of a three-way tie for best non-WGT-affiliated community site ever!

RSS