Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • RANGER1988
    1,059 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 8:00 PM

I have asked Jim, Brad, and Finny, to help me handle the rulers and provision parts of the Event, thanks Fellas for stepping in and helping out!

• pjctas0822
    4,555 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 8:40 PM

YankeeJim:

pjctas0822:
    .His partner Eggity has even tried to schedule with him but now he says he will find another partner ?? Thats crazy

There's a provision in place, take advantage of it. All 4 of you play the WGT weekly 9 hole single play, combine your scores and compare. Low score wins and there's provisions for ties. It's spelled out on page 12 of this thread.

@Ranger-You might consider copying your rules and posting them on the first page. You can edit the post and  add them at the end.

Considering  That rule was not in place from the start I would have to decline . Why should me and my partner have to adhere to this rule when we were and have been available to play. We both were flexible. Its not our fault one guy has to be catered to . If thats what our opponent does the they can have the win .I was here to play alt shot not a boring single play round solo that makes no sense and takes the fun out of it for me .

• SamSpayed
    4,911 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 9:03 PM

YankeeJim:

There's a provision in place, take advantage of it. All 4 of you play the WGT weekly 9 hole single play, combine your scores and compare. Low score wins and there's provisions for ties. It's spelled out on page 12 of this thread.

pjctas0822:

Considering  That rule was not in place from the start I would have to decline . Why should me and my partner have to adhere to this rule when we were and have been available to play. We both were flexible. Its not our fault one guy has to be catered to . If thats what our opponent does the they can have the win .I was here to play alt shot not a boring single play round solo that makes no sense and takes the fun out of it for me .

Paulie, in case you change your mind, I went ahead and played the Wk 40 9-hole Single Play, which is the only one currently available.  I agree it's not an ideal solution, but it's the one we have. 
  • AlaskanDame
    19,031 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 10:03 PM

pjctas0822:

I agree that ALT would be more fun than single-play, but I do not agree that you have been more available to play than my guys -- that's pretty subjective.  I see my Bangkok guy saying "9 a.m. GMT to 12 a.m. GMT" (twice) in the messages you posted.   That's a 15- hour span.  Sounds flexible to me.

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 10:59 PM

This may help, when setting up an alt in different time zones, great way to start is GMT so North America eastern time right now it GMT -4  Central is -5 so 10pm eastern time right now is 2am GMT which is clearly not within the 15hours spread.

So 9am - 12am GMT = 5am - 8pm eastern time

I also find if I get both teams to declare when they are available days and times, then convert it to my time zone, it's a lot easier to see when a game can be played and suggest that time and day.

The answer to when are you available to play cannot be when I'm green. List the days and times between both team members, then decide who will be setting for each team and have them work it out. If you know when your partner is available then you don't need to check with them, just decide between the 2 setters for the game.

You can find out what your current GMT is by asking the question to google...

We will also have time zones change over the next bunch of weeks because of summertime daylight hours... so check as you set.

Cheers,

Really hope this helps a bit

• carlosdev
    2,533 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 11:23 PM

Hi

This is the best world clock. All you have to do is type your opponents state or country name n will give their time and thus you can find the difference between your n your opponents time.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html

- Carl

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 11:37 PM

Is 9am to 12am  3 hours? Or is it 9am to 12pm? Thats 15.  Lets take a breath and perhaps try again lads. Getting timezones sorted can sometimes be the biggest hurdle with this stuff.  I have faith we can sort this out. :-)

• Gepetto1958
    4,229 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2018 12:42 AM

Lutjanid:

Is 9am to 12am  3 hours? Or is it 9am to 12pm? Thats 15.  Lets take a breath and perhaps try again lads. Getting timezones sorted can sometimes be the biggest hurdle with this stuff.  I have faith we can sort this out. :-)

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language states "By convention, 12 AM denotes midnight and 12 PM denotes noon. Because of the potential for confusion, it is advisable to use 12 noon and 12 midnight."

• RANGER1988
    1,059 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2018 3:45 AM

Thanks for all the help with the time zones Dotty and Jacko, Carlos is putting up an app as soon as his post gets through with a time zone checker, it should be on here this morning, just keep trying Folk's, we can all pull together and get this done.

Thanks

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2018 4:04 AM

Folks,

I too get confused with all the various time-zone differences - especially when a location is perhaps on summer time/ daylight saving etc.

Why not just ask oppo where they live or the nearest largest city to them if they don't want to give out exact location?

e.g. if you wanna know the current time here in UK from ANY location on the planet then just Google search "Time in UK now" (insert relevant location of opponent instead of UK) and it's there in front of you instantly allowing you to see the exact difference in hours.

RSS