Help › Forums

buying credits

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 4 2021 8:33 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • quadrock123
    859 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 1:49 PM

I am looking for some help with a recurring problem, before anyone tells me to contact CS, i already have, they say they are transferring my problem to the Billing Department. The only problem with that is they never contact me back to let me know if the problem has been fixed. They said i should ask the wgt forum/community for help.The problem is buying credits. Some while back, after an update, i could no longer buy credits thru my bank card. A friend suggested i try paypal. I did, but as of yesterday, i can no longer buy credits thru that service. Now i have no options left that i can think of. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i get my ability to buy credits back?                                                                                                                                                                                                           Cheers, Mike aka quadrock123

• Chrynch
    568 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 2:29 PM

I go to Subway (the sandwich shop) and buy a gift card. You can buy a gift card for any amount you want at no extra charge from Subway. You can then enter the card number into WGT and have all the gift card amount added to your WGT account. This has the added benefit of your wife not seeing the amount of money you are spending on playing on-line golf. LOL 

• AlaskanDame
    19,041 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 2:57 PM
    You might try buying the gift cards that work on wgt and cash them in for credits. I use Subway gift cards. Others are Dollar General and CVS Pharmacy. The Subway ones, at least, can be found for sale in stores other than Subway.
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 3:30 PM

Have always used PayPal with no issues at all.

What does it say when you try?  Any messages / emails etc... It would be really strange for PayPal to NOT allow you to buy something without good reason.

• quadrock123
    859 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 4:07 PM

Hi, it says there is an error and to contact customer service...lol. but when i try to buy thru master card it says error then gives a longish answer that makes no sense to me.  Thanks for responding.And for the person who suggested buying a subway card, i will try and see what happens.

• ScottyAKing
    175 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 4:24 PM

Do you have the mobile app?  If you purchase credits through that, it is charged directly to either your iTunes or Playstore accounts.

It's been ages since I actually purchased credits, but here in Australia you get better value through Google than Apple for some reason.  ie 2000cr from iTunes is A$30.99, as opposed to A$25.58 in the Playstore.

Scott

• Mandlebrot
    521 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 4:39 PM

Someone in my club had this and he cleared card details and input the details again.

• LightsOut1120
    1,821 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 11:02 PM

gift cards are the way to go.  i also use subway and cvs as well.  u can buy them at gift card kiosks in almost any store.

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2018 4:32 PM

wgt ask to reenter the information a while back. They had someone hacking the system. They added some security and ask us to update the information. All that was need was to remove and reenter you card information and mine worked just fine. It being hacked from the mobile side if I remember correctly 

• Carguysurfer
    226 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 12:20 AM

I call BS on gift cards now. My mom sent me a $100 card and when I went to use it, it only had 97 cents on it!  Evidently someone hacked it while she was paying for it!  Took three months for Visa to refill it through their fraud dept.  Then, my son gave me a gift card to a wine shop without telling me how much he spent.  So, I call the number on the back of the card and THAT was a bogus card, too!  They were much quicker but GEEZ!  No More Gift Cards!

Carguysurfer

• PAGES
RSS