Forums

Help › Forums

PVP tourney / prize

Wed, Oct 14 2009 5:27 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jbart99
    4 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 1:49 PM

After seeing a note on Facebook, I confirmed today that the much touted People v. the Pros tournament and prize package many of us vied for is now canceled for 2009.  Prize winners will supposedly be automatically registered for the 2010 tournament and package when the details are known.

WGT leaders, when are you going to notify the list of winners in some way, shape or form?  Most of us understand that conditions change, but this is lack of communication to us is unprofessional and speaks poorly for the management of WGT. 

The WGT application is great, and it is fun to play.  I did not come up with the prizes, but you did.  When I won, I changed other plans to arrange to go on those specific dates.  Now I am told it may be held on 2010!  You should at least stand behind what you say and commit.

So far, I played in a very tough tournament, won the prize worth nearly $5000 and now have received nothing but broken promises and sketchy plans for a future possiblity.  On top of that, you do not seem to have the decency to contact us and inform us what happened.  Not your finest moment!

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 2:18 PM

I'm not doubting you, just wondering if you could provide a link to where you got that information.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 2:27 PM

I do not doubt you either... but, if i were in your shoes, the VERY FIRST thing I would have done is send a message to members@worldgolftour.com and ask them specifically.

Coming here with this news, unless and until confirmed by WGT, and without a source, ....

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 2:35 PM

Hi jbart, we are getting news of this at the same time our winners are, and needed a little time to confirm the cancellation. We have been on phone calls with the sponsors and event organizers, trying to do the best we can for our winners given the situation. Regardless, the prizes will be honored in one form or another as stated in the contest rules. As soon as we have any details to share, we will be in contact. We regret the turn of events, but we are doing the best we can for you.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 2:38 PM

You gotta be kidding me... 

I just booked my rental today.

• jbart99
    4 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 2:39 PM

Thanks for the note Alex and for the othe posts.  I can not imagine why they would not keep you in the loop right there in San Fran, but appreciate your efforts to do the right thing.

Just for the record, I wrote to the WGT contact Missy Goldberg last night and did not receive any response.

Then, I received this email from Andrew Batkin, CEO of the PVP tournament. 

Dear John ,

Unfortunately due to current economic conditions and after discussing it at great lengths with the PGA TOUR, we find it necessary to postpone the 2009 golf event at Pinehurst, until 2010.  We are in the process of organizing the details to agree on the new dates and will send them to you as soon as we know.

You will be automatically pre registered for the 2010 event and we will contact you with that information.  Thank you for your patience and support and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Best Regards,

Andrew Batkin

CEO & Tournament Director

People vs. the Pros

Innovative Media Solutions

310-406-8855

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 2:41 PM

I didn't even get that.  This is most unfortunate.  At least it's still at Pinehurst, but man... how totally bogus.

• jbart99
    4 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 2:43 PM

Nivlac, I only received the email from Andrew because I sent one to Bridget at PVP asking her to confirm the news.  They did not proactively send out anything.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 2:58 PM

I've sent two emails to Ms. Batkin this past Monday simply asking for a confirmation that she received my entry by Fax, but they were both ignored.  Communicating with anyone involving PvP has been trying at best and this whole experience has been a real pain.  On the whole I feel we were all handled very unprofessionally.

Some players are getting sporadic emails while others were being ignored.  They didn't even send me my paperwork initially. It took a letter and kick in the ass from someone at WGT just to get them to send the entry form to me.

I believe we were all supposed to be playing #2 in our practice rounds because we were among the first 104 registrants.  Is that going to be the case next year?

Perhaps having a 2nd chance will ensure things are done properly all around next year.

Bummer.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 2:59 PM

We've just sent an email to all the winners regarding the cancellation. We are extremely disappointed as well, and we've been trying to negotiate a fair deal for everyone. We will have more details next week, and expect to call each winner to work out the details.

• PAGES
RSS