Forums

Help › Forums

Ladder matches

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 5 2009 12:48 PM (3 replies)
  • bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 10:31 AM

Just came across conversation about ladder matches and was wondering could someone explain a little more about them. thanks

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 10:59 AM

I should probably let Snaike or Faterson take this, but i couldn't  stand to see the ensuing arguments ...LOL.

You would be referring to the WGTLS ....  www.wgt.agls.org.uk  .. a ladder system not affiliated with WGT, although we DO play our matches here.  In a nutshell,  there are 3 seperate ladders, 9 hole, 18 hole, and Guilds 9, which is best ball match play. You climb the ladder by defeating players ranked higher on the ladder than yourself.  We're currently around 200 members, so you can' always find someone to play ... and  get  this ... they rarely quit in the middle of the match!!! ... there are rules in effect for quitting/disconnections.

Give us a look .. lots of good people.. lots of good games ,, but mostly, b/c it's fun.

Jeff

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 11:06 AM

ah jeff... Faterson and I haven't had a decent go in some time now.  It seems his new position at the ever growing ladder site has taken all of his scheduled 'argument' time and put it to good use over there.  He gets to be a moderator at a 'proper' forum.. not one with so many bugs and deficiencies as this one apparently has.

But, back to the OP.. yes, jeff has it spot on.  Most information can be found at that site.  Once you register make sure that you sign up for ladders.. (9 and 18) and then compete.  Loads of skilled and new players over there... very very friendly and very well maintained and managed by Mark Holliday (MWH65).

WGTLS is a little more proactive toward misbehaving and there is/are penalties for such.  Quitting a match gets you a loss.  Being an obnoxious cretin gets you the boot.  Playing well and having fun gets you tons and tons of new friends.

Hope that helps... have a nice day.      

• bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 12:48 PM

Thanks for the link. Getting old having "players" quit on you.

RSS