Help › Forums

After some advice

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 1 2011 2:16 AM (1 replies)
  • ScottocS
    31 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 7:18 PM

Gday WGTers

I am new to the whole country club scene and I am after a little bit of advice from the more experienced.

I have started a new country club "Aussie Battlers",I only have 10 of 15 members at the moment but hope to upgrade when more interest is shown,I have run a couple of tournaments but no one played,so my questions are :what sort of tournaments do people seem to like the best ?,they were free,should I make them buy in tournaments ?,should I ask the people who arent playing to leave so there is always room for people who will ?.

If anyone is interested in joining let me know,if you are willing to play you are more than welcome !!!!

basically any advice would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Scott

• AndyAEllis
    1,761 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2011 2:16 AM

Hi Scott,

As a CC owner, you can have 10 free and 10 premium (pay for) tournaments running in your club at any one time. You never can tell what people prefer, so personally, I mix it up.

At any one time I have:

2 x18 holes

2 x 9 holes

2 x CTTH

And four 'tier specific' tournaments; one each for Hack, amateur, Pro and Tour Pro and higher. You kind of have to police the tour specific tournaments and make it clear to members that they should only play tier specific tournaments for the tier they're at the time. That way, members are able to compete against similarly skilled players and stand a chance of winning something.

I have the same tournie types for free and premium and I charge only 10 credits for the premiums, so that it's not expensive for members to take part, but they can still win a decent amount.

OK, so I've got 240 members, but taken on % terms, I get a good response rate.

By missing it up you give something for everyone.

Hope that helps

Regards

Andy

RSS