Very disappointed in Merion...

Sun, Apr 22 2018 11:47 PM (36 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2018 7:57 AM

pmm711:

Yiannis1970:

pmm711:

My brother, Andy, and I grew up very close to Merion and caddied there for many years.  The course is way harder to play IRL so quit your “bit-chin”.  I love this course on WGT as I’ve been in 90% of the houses you see during play...many a backyard BBQ and beers.  If anyone on here lives in Merion Golf Manor off of Darby Road I’d love to talk with you.  I miss my days up there since I moved to Atlanta, GA in 1996.

So, we have to quit ''bitchin'' cause in real life Merion is way harder?

Unbelievable!!

Is it so hard to grasp that this is not a real life golf but a computer simulation?

Is it so hard to grasp that bugs or errors in a computer simulation game can be corrected via software meanwhile IRL play there's nothing of this kind?

When you play golf, you don't have dots for putting, neither putter pal for the speed, you don't have to ding to make a shot, neither wind stable directions. Furthermore...IRL you don't apply 30 different spins on the ball, you don't use rulers to find where to aim, you don't have a 90+% fairway on your driver.

Lastly, i shouldn't even have to mention that but for the shake of the conversation:

What's the reseblance in RL scoring and in WGT scoring? Absolutely none!!!

A computer simulation game has nothing to do, absolutely nothing, with the real play. Yes, WGT is an excellent simulation game with a lot of work behind it, but that's it. When you go to the courses, you play golf, here you play a simulation game.

So, please...let us ''bitchin'' when something needs to be fixed!!! After all, this is a forum about WGT game, not a RL golf performance. So simple.

On March 30th you shot a “simulated” 29 on a “simulated” Merion F9...I think you’ve figured out Merion’s quirkiness on here.  So you especially should quit your “bit-chin”.  If anything needs to be “fixed!!!” on here it’s the “difficulty” of the “simulation”.  And IRL Merion’s greens aren’t consistent either.  The greenskeepers there vary conditions to make play very perplexing for even for their scratch members.

A question just for chits and giggles...if you play a round on here without all your “aids”...do you shoot that much worse?  I’d much rather play 18 holes on here in 20 minutes vs. all that BS you do for 90 seconds on each shot.  I take it when you pinch a loaf today you’ll do so with the Sunday paper in hand, eh?  

Deal!! I will stop bit-chin as soon as you stop talking bs...but since is unlikely this scenario, i will keep complaining about bugs or irregularities which you don't know anything about....

There goes again with the RL play. You are hopeless...keep talking nonsense.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2018 9:30 AM

Yiannis1970:
    i will keep complaining about bugs or irregularities which you don't know anything about....

One thing I'm definitely sure of...

you need to live with a coxswain to keep you in rhythm. 

That should improve your scoring at Merion on this game...and also IRL should you ever be blessed enough to get to play there.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2018 9:40 AM

pmm711:

Yiannis1970:
    i will keep complaining about bugs or irregularities which you don't know anything about....

That should improve your scoring at Merion on this game...and also IRL should you ever be blessed enough to get to play there.

Hi Paul,

Very gracious of you to give us In IRL a shout out, We like to think of It as the best little Country In the world (When It's not raining)

It's mediterranean like In the summer (The one day of summer when It doesn't rain) so thanks again for the shout out to us In IRL! ;)

Ken

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2018 10:10 AM

Kenher01:

Very gracious of you to give us In IRL a shout out, We like to think of It as the best little Country In the world (When It's not raining)

It's mediterranean like In the summer (The one day of summer when It doesn't rain) so thanks again for the shout out to us In IRL! ;)

Between Skype and Discord where the "ell" ya been?  Hardly see you "green"...but I see you're still lurking. ;-)  At least you branched out from that "solo thang" and actually are a member of a CC again.  Let's do some alt...pm me for ^&%%^%$$%$#-sake.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2018 10:37 AM

pmm711:

Kenher01:

Between Skype and Discord where the "ell" ya been?  Hardly see you "green"...but I see you're still lurking. ;-)  At least you branched out from that "solo thang" and actually are a member of a CC again.  Let's do some alt...pm me for ^&%%^%$%$#-sake.

:) PM on the way pm!! ;)

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2018 10:52 AM

pmm711:

Yiannis1970:

LOL...

not even that!! It's a rare talent talking nonsense all the time!! If you had seen some of my games, you would have known that i don't use aids of any kind.

Whatever...

The only thing that i am certain of is that if ever been playing for real Merion, i would never be so naive to mix up my experience with a computer game.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2018 11:47 PM

duffputt:

One thing HAS changed about a year ago. The trees on first and tenth hole are "gone". U cant hit them anymore. That means U can go directly at flag on no 10 with way more eagles to come

the tree on ten by the tee box is certainly hittable. i hit it about 1/20 - 1/25 times.

RSS