Help › Forums

the key to finishing without choking...

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 7 2009 12:36 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • molideha
    213 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 4:09 AM

so i'm on BPB....I've never been able to post a 59 from the master tees...many a good starts only to choke the back 9.

so on #10 my pizza arrives...i proceed to eat my pizza WHILE PLAYING out the back 9....incredibly i post a -5 on the back 9 bogey free for my 59.

so how does eating pizza while playing have anything to do with not choking on the back 9 you ask?....well it seems there must be a subliminal brain wave override..."don't choke while eating pizza or you might die" overrides "i always choke on the back 9".

yet more proof the game of golf is mental as much as mechanics.

gl

• leetiyler
    101 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 7:32 AM

yet more proof the game of golf is mental as much as mechanics.

Lol, I think you got lost. This is not the game of golf, this is a computer game controlled by you and your mouse. Next time you play the REAL game, see if pizza helps, and tell us about it

• Jbraithw
    8 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 7:42 AM

First I must commend anyone who manages to shoot a bogey free front, back or complete round...I have been playing on here for a long time and have never managed to shoot less than 5 over...then they changed the tier and I haven't been able to break 80...somehow I can't play crappy enough to get dropped back down a tier and can't seem to figure out the wind (doesn't move a 240 yeard drive at all but pushes a 60 yard shot 5 yards to the side) or chipping from the edge of the greens, three perfect shots where the divet goes farther than the ball and I'm still working on putting when you can mis hit your driver by a 1/2 bar or more and still end up in a reasonable position but you miss a but by a hair and your ball is 3 ft to the right or  left...sorry, just venting...

• jobycat
    7 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 8:24 AM

I know what you mean. The "physics" of the game dont hold true to the conditions it displays. I am convinced the only way to get better is BUY the best equipment and play the PREMIEUM turnys alot. I cant afford to do that so I will have a life instead. LOL

• leetiyler
    101 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 8:43 AM

I cant afford to do that so I will have a life instead. LOL

Shakespear could not have said it better

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 9:33 AM

I just this moment finished a very funny even par 36 in the weekly unlimited 9 hole event. When I reached #17, I was 6 under par and then pumped 4 balls into the water and took a max stroke 9 on the hole. I lipped out a birdie on 18 for the 36. I didn't choke. Just was very stubborn with club selection. I did choke from my laughter.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 10:14 AM

Don't mess with #17!

I'm surprised SweetiePie that you couldn't hit your ball off the top of all the other millions of balls in that water hazard.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 5:47 PM

Hey ... i've been dredging that pond for 5 months now ... that's where i get the balls i play with ...  and one slightly used pizza cutter ... lol ...

• coastalroofer
    1 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 10:10 PM

the equipment is cheaper than a PS3 game...

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 12:05 AM

Cheaper than a ps 3 program....fer sure...used pizza cutter...lol

Yep ive ruined many around  getting all spinkter muscled..

Lately  everytime I birdy  I usually follow it up with a bog...D$%$#%T has been flung by my lips many time...You say you dont cuss?  Lets play golf..or ill slam your fingers in my car door..

My nerves on the real course are mirrored almost exactly on this game...

• PAGES
RSS