Help › Forums

scheduling a ladder match?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 29 2009 2:30 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • shtebs
    38 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 12:07 PM

I've registerd at the WGT Ladder System site and am looking forward to playing some matches. I'm also feeling a little dense because I can't seem to find any user friendly instructions on how to issue a challenge/set up a match. 

I learned that I have one win to my credit after playing a multi player round which the other player apparently comsidered to be a ladder match.  He didn't advise me it was a ladder match but reported his loss/my win  to WGT and I received an email from WGT informing me the win had been posted  lol

Any help would be appreciated - I'm weary of seeing DISCONNECTED flash on my screen mid-match

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 12:18 PM

Go to the ladder site, and there will be a meet and greet section, where there is normally someone else. Try to set up a game, and off you go!

Also, I've found that quitting is very rare on the ladder site.

Good luck, and maybe I'll play you in a ladder match one day?

P.S. I'm pretty sure that Faterson, master of all things Ladder on this site, will give you some more tips/details at some point in this thread.

P.P.S Or, by the looks of it, Snaike.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 12:20 PM

Hello Shtebs... 

The problem you are running into is fairly simple.   The Ladders are not affiliated with WGT.  

You would be much better served in the forums on the Ladder site.  (Look for the "Forums" button on the top).

There are many many posts regarding the Ladder rules and procedures, a site manual (.pdf), and lots of people in the chat room to ask questions of.

I hope this helps you.  Welcome to the ladders and enjoy your climb to the top.

Peace.

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 12:31 PM

I wanna join, how do i join on the site n know when to play n how to play a ladder match?

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 12:38 PM

http://www.wgt.agls.org.uk/

That's the website. There should be a register option. You register (make sure to join the ladders), and you're off!

(Wow, I'm starting to feel like I'm stealing Faterson's job here...)

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 12:45 PM

Ellis, the day you or anyone steals Faterson's almighty job is the day hell freezes over.

lol

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 1:23 PM

Go ahead and steal it.  Úsmev  I've had a bizarre problem for the last 36 hours or so, where I can apparently access any site on the Web except WGTLS. Will try to fix this, because the September League Tables need to be wrapped up & October prepared. Gao, the last few posts I replied to you over there, I typed on my tiny mobile phone keyboard... Now that was a pain!

As to the original poster's concern: there's been an influx of many new members to the Ladders site lately, and many of them don't know the correct procedure. It's an absolute must that at the start of a game, all players must explicitly agree that it's a Ladder game. You can't just assume it's a Ladder game, just because the other player is also registered on that site.

So, if anyone encroaches upon this rule, please report it in the Three Strikes & Down forum, and your loss / Yellow Card will be cancelled. One great Master player from this site got so offended when the same thing happened to him, he asked to be removed from the Ladders (see my Wall). However, that's not a way to solve the issue... If people make a mistake and accuse you unjustly, please don't run away from the site, but report the mistake to the admins & Mark is certain to fix any error in the database.

When it comes to setting up Ladder games, Shtebs, a very good way is the Meet & Greet chatroom on the Ladders site. Someone is usually waiting there, around the clock, available for a game. But, you can simply play with anyone you happen to meet here on the main site, provided they are also Ladder members and the players explicitly agree at the tee of hole 1 that it's a Ladder game. The loser of your game posts the loss, and that's it.

• shtebs
    38 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 1:32 PM

Thank you Ellis and Snaike. Just completed my first officially scheduled match from the meet and greet room. Fun match with a friendly Canuck.  Looking forward to a game against either of you when we can set it up..

• shtebs
    38 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 1:35 PM

Unfortunately, the new found enjoyment of ladder matches will likely serve to fan the flames of my WGT addiction  -:)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 1:54 PM

shtebs:

Unfortunately, the new found enjoyment of ladder matches will likely serve to fan the flames of my WGT addiction  -:)

"Unfortunately"?  You say that like it's a bad thing!!!!

Congrats and welcome to the ladder...

• PAGES
RSS