Forums

Help › Forums

Is this "approach" an oversight, or common knowledge?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 5 2009 12:49 PM (28 replies)
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 7:41 AM

I'm glad you guys/gals feel this way. It does help... sort of... but you still have to be able to hit the shot! ;)

Thanks for the additional observations... and also, the mention that pin location changes may be coming... wow... I didn't even think of that. This sure will save alot of post-it notes... and/or brain cells!

Never played "Links"... but, molideha, your seamless post about your  seamless transition from that game seems to me to seemingly be as seamless a  transition as possible, it seems. lol. I'm guessing you're referencing the ability to remember layouts of the greens? I only wish I could do that!

I could never remember all the intracies of all the greens in this game (or any other, for that matter)... let alone have the desire to map them out, either visually or mentally.

Anyways, it's good to know that others have found this capability, and I hope this thread is read by those who may need it to help them get closer to the pins for shorter putts. One thing, though... wonder why it's not mentioned somewhere (or is it?) as a tool to use? Hope WGT doesn't "discover" us using it, if they didn't have the intentions of us "finding" it, and deem it a "glitch" and "fix" it! :O

Is WGT out there reading this? I'd love to hear WGT's take on this... for reassurance that it's OK in their eyes, if nothing else. :)

Is there a thread about "Things you may not know about WGT golf..." ? Now THAT would be a great "sticky"! How 'bout one of you "old timers" starting it for us? Well... Now I've succeeded in taking my own topic "off-topic"... heh-heh!  Good Luck with your approaches! :)

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 7:47 AM

It's been covered many times before here in the forum PugsAce.  It's not really a secret :P

You can also switch to Pitch and accomplish the same thing.  Once you start to remember the greens, however, you'll find that you don't need to use it much at all.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 7:51 AM

That's a relief! Are the pin location changes imminent? I have to reread that thread, but guess it will still help then.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 7:54 AM

PugsAce:
    Are the pin location changes imminent?

Not even next-to-imminentSmútok

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 7:58 AM
    Mon, Oct 13 2008 11:08 AM

We do have the ability to offer different pin placements and this will available in the coming months.

Sat, Feb 21 2009 8:36 AM

We will look into offering different pin positions in the future.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Fri, Sep 25 2009 1:31 PM

Pin placements is in the works but it has not been assigned to either bucket yet.

Imminent is a relative term.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 8:04 AM

Ummm...yeah... saw a couple of those posts, but didn't see it in the list that they provided us... thought it might have been an oversight. Oh well...

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 8:23 AM

Definitely not cheating, no more than walking up to the green and looking at the slope and line on a short shot in real golf. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 12:55 PM

If I may be so bold as to do something so very radical, like helping TarheelsRule get this thread back on topic....  re: cheating.

The only way this could be considered "cheating", PugsAce, is if you were playing in the USBGA.  (An absolutely outstanding organization.  Take some time to read about them, then thank your lucky stars that they are there to help EVERYONE enjoy the game of golf.)

In other words, PugsAce, what you have done is in no way "cheating", it is common. It is necessary to score the lowest round possible.

Have a very nice day.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 2:46 PM

Thanks for the link... just goes to show you how "adversity" is subjective.

As far as the topic goes, and as I've said, I'm glad others do this (check the lay of the green), but I wasn't aware that it was "common practice".

I tried the other techniques that were described up-thread, and they work equally, if not better than the way I was doing it (with the "flop"). It's amazing that so many different views are possible, just by switching clubs/shots while setting up a shot. I guess these are "the little things" that are discovered as one immerses oneself in the game. It was so evident that only a blatant oversight on WGT's part would have resulted in this.

Perhaps I should have titled the thread - "Is this 'approach' an oversight, or common knowledge?".

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 4:46 PM

There... I have fixed the title for you.

You can change the title of the entire thread at any time, simply by typing it in.

Have a nice day. 

RSS