Forums

Help › Forums

tips for going master

Tue, Oct 13 2009 9:31 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • spitz201
    46 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 2:58 PM

im at 67.9....was shooting steady -3 rounds now i cant seem it get there again

• spitz201
    46 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 3:02 PM

having problems on hole #'s 456 9, i seem to birdy 123 then i go bad

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 3:39 PM

psychologically: stay relaxed.....don't care what you shoot, just enjoy the game....the greatest impediment to perfection is your self imposed pressure to be perfect.

mechanically: take notes like the real pros do...if you hit a full 6i with full backspin into a 7mph 1/4 headwind and came up 4 yards short, try it next time with no back spin...."learn from your experience".

gl

• spitz201
    46 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 3:47 PM

just went birdy birdy birdy, bogey bogey bogey....this is bs something changed in the game

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 4:17 PM

Albert Einstein once said,

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

When you get to hole four, try something different.  Like Molideha said, take notes and see what is and what isn't working... and above all, relax.  Self imposed pressure will ruin every good round.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 4:23 PM

Play different courses, have fun, there is no prize at the end of the rainbow.

• spitz201
    46 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 5:08 PM

ive given up...eagled #1 then double double.....this sites to fing laggy the meter is a joke...like playin the lottery...click and hope it lags to the right spot

• ChiChi110011
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 5:57 PM

maybee it not the site but your computer

• expiredloch
    362 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2009 11:31 AM

I have a tip for going "Master". First and foremost be as ignorant as you can possibly be by, for instance, not acknowledging a friendly greeting and best wishes for a good game and remain silent throughout.

Secondly, play as well as you can. If you play well, post your score. If you don´t, well that´s alright, just disconnect. Easy peasy right?

Don´t worry because you´ll be able to cite any number of reasons why you had to disconnect, ie at work and the boss has just walked in, and loads of people will jump to your defence so hey, no probs.

Whilst there are a minute number of legitimate disconnects, around 10 per cent  i´d guess, it´s okay, you can pretend you´re part of that .

Now follow this advice and you´ll get to Master and be able to purchase better equipment, a privelege out of reach to people like you and me who strive to get to Master and post our scores honestly.

But, as you´d say in the USA "What the heck"! Why post a score when there´s no obligation to do so.!!

How do I know such gems of wisdom?

I´ve given up writing the names of people cheating in this way. I ran out of paper!!

Does the list include Masters who disconnect when the games not going their way? You bet it does and I´d be more than happy to oblige with their names if asked (but i doubt that will happen).

Does this behaviour anger me? Yes. Do I think cheating has become the norm in most sport today? Absolutely.

My message to you WGT is don´t cover all this with a blanket lame excuse. Penalise the tricksters.

What about those poor people at work who play golf in their bosses time and have to disconnect at a moments notice? Well you know the answer to that don´t you.

Wake up WGT, the game is brilliant and most of those i play against are great. Its the players masquerading as low scorers who make my blood boil!!!

• Zagie
    26 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2009 2:48 PM

expired i will agree with all this but really why say anything about the usa?? Ok honestly i could bash wherever you are from to and im sure in may ways..Game has flaws and while it is a game and human nature is to get over on it this problem should be a 2+2 problem for you..Stay with the faults of the game dont bring in countries/stats/people, flaw the game bud..

Play the game or dont .Play the game to make yourself unhappy , well no i fault the person..WE have a choice can you make your own happieness?

• PAGES
RSS