Forums

Help › Forums

Why should a Master have the option of better clubs??

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 23 2009 3:03 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • markwilliams
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 10:15 PM

If a Pro can hold his/her Avg...why  can't we purchase better drivers.How can a person improve on the tier if they don't have the same opertunity to have the same clubs as a master. We all know the further you reach on the first drive...the lighter the second shot...YES/NO.....opinions...or is it the same people we are giving that advantage too....

• ZekeSr
    36 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 10:50 PM

Also, I want to play with ANY of these guys that average under a 60 I think it's total BS.  My first guess is they would quit after not having a birdie on the first three holes.  I've played with plenty of "masters" and haven't found one yet that just throws it at the flag every shot and drains every putt which is what it would take to average under 60.......it's BS!!  The invitation is open for anyone that averages under 60 to invite me to a round playing bethpage and have you shoot under 60 for 18 on that course.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 11:45 PM

@ markwilliams  ....

Master players get Master clubs because they start further back.  They EARN the right to buy them.  Besides, how would it be if we gave everyone the chance to buy the 275 yard driver when they are hitting from the ladies tees.

Earn the rank and you earn the club.  Don't hate the players.

@ ZekeSr ....

Just because you can't do something, don't assume others can't either.  Some of these people have been here for years and have played hundreds, if not thousands of rounds.  You have played 30....  wow.  They have played the same holes with the same pin positions with better and better clubs. 

You've been here less than a month and moved your *average score* from 150 to 69!  Wow, you must be cheating, too.  Less than 30 days and already just a few points from Master?!  Should we call "BS" on that, too?

I am guessing that the elite tier on this game are either laughing at, or just flat ignoring, your challenge.

Lets do a bit of math, shall we?  Let's use tibbets, because he has the lowest rank, iirc.  For every 1 ranked round you play, tibbets has played 30.  Wow, that's a bit more than you, huh?  You've played 38 in a month, so if he's on the same pace he would have had to start ranking rounds in early 2006.

You have 1 Eagle in your month here!  Congrats!  If tibbets were to be on your pace he would have 30 by now, right?  Wrong ... he has 97.  That's more than triple your output.

In your month, you have 71 Birdies!  Congrats!  If tibbets were to be on your pace he would have around 2100, right?  Wrong....  he has almost 7,400.  That's over 100 to every 1 of yours, more than triple your output of birdies per round.

Wow, this is getting embarrassing.. but we'll soldier on.  So, now you have 223 pars in your month here.  That's respectable.  tibbets should have around 7000 to be on pace with you.. but surprise, surprise.. he only has 5500.  How can this be?  Oh yea, it's his Birdie output that has cut into his par total.  

What does all that tell you?  It tells you that he plays many more rounds and scores much better than you, hole for hole.

Look at his average distance to the pin for almost 1200 ranked rounds.  10' ... his putting average is less than 1.25 putts per hole... sand saves and scrambles are 90%.  Yours?  <50%.

So yes, ZekeSr, it is possible to throw it at the flag every shot and drain every putt.  It's just not possible by you.  At least not yet.  Come back to this argument in a couple of years.

(*Edit....  Changed "Rank" to "Average Score".)

• pigkiller
    173 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 12:48 AM

lmao that was great.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 2:23 AM

that was spot on. its so embarrassing when people complain about the best players scores. even if they quit because they didn't birdie the first three holes, they still have to birdie them at some point, its not like they say "umm that's what i did wrong" i'll do it different next time"..... every shot is different (lie,wind direction, distance). its about knowing your clubs and knowing the courses. Tibbets last week destroyed the leader boards on both weekly single play tournaments by at least 2 strokes. you cant stop and start again on those tourney's. some people really are MASTERS at this game.

apparently Tiger Woods has so many master titles because he restarts his rounds when he doesn't birdie on the first three holes. 

• lilmike24
    185 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 2:59 AM

This isn't even worth arguing about. LOL. Its almost like asking why better players get better sponsorships. HAHA.

• ZekeSr
    36 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 10:03 AM

The sad thing is what type of life does one have which would require them to play for thousands of rounds and years on this site?  Sure, I enjoy playing but isn't that getting to the point of some type of mental disorder playing that much......get a life.  Now, what gets me also is the majority of the time when someone new comes on here asking any type of question even the simplest thing they are given some snide smart ass remark like yours.  "What kind of ball should I use"...response, "You should have checked that out first thing in FAQ section"......real nice.  Obviously someone is posting these numbers so let me rephrase, "I would like to just see this in action out of pure respect" is that better? 

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 10:11 AM

Ahh, the typical troll reaction.

Make an asinine accusation, and when called out for it, resort to personal attacks.

Well played.   Now go in the corner and pout.

Cheers.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 10:24 AM

I as many others earned my masters tier by playing with the green turds! Way back before the new stuff came out that you can buy now thank you very much! We also didn't have the ladies tee's to play from in the tournaments, we earned it the hard way back then! Unlike todays standards!! :)

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 11:02 AM

Simple...get yourself in "practice" mode and play from the "blues" and you may understand at least one reason why...HBthree

• PAGES
RSS