Forums

Help › Forums

Getting apparel bonuses in clash but not shown

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 20 2017 1:30 PM (3 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 1:39 AM
    It's late and I'm going to bed but thought I'd post. I play a Clash on Bandon. and it takes 6-7 holes to sink in that I'm consistently long. First few I thought i was just making errors. But consistently 4-6 yards long when i shouldn't have been long. I shoot -2. Not just a hole here or there. EVERY hole. In coin games I get on my tablet i get about a 4-6 yard bonus per iron with the apparel i wear. So in the second bandon that i play I subtract 4-6 yards off yardage depending on iron i use then do my adjustments for windage etc.. guess what? now i'm dialed in and hammering pins. i shoot -6. I'm not the best but I'm fairly decent. I was definitely getting the 4-6 yard bonus to my irons. That's a significant enough difference to be apparent. BUT the yardage change wasn't listed. In coin games the adjustment to irons is listed. Example 3 iron goes from 225 to 231. on low end 9 iron goes from 135 to 139. The upgrades were present but NOT listed.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 4:03 AM
    In the PC game, I get 230 out of my 3 iron consistently. Figure your apparel bonus like using 5 distance Nikes. I don't have to tell you about mapping, your a legend and you already know the rest of it. I had problem when I started using the distance balls, with coming out long. I had to adjust. Happy Hitting Don
  • AlaskanDame
    19,037 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 6:06 AM

Thanks , Myanatos.  I had the same problem at Bandon, but did not figure out why like you did.  Extra yardage shows on irons for most games on mobile but not for clash games.  I had assumed --- oh, such a bad thing to do with wgt --- that I lost the bonus yardage as a way to be "fair" in the clash.  But them making a mistake makes so much more sense and definitely explains my terrible drives at Bandon in the clash.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 1:30 PM
    DonCaron:
    In the PC game, I get 230 out of my 3 iron consistently. Figure your apparel bonus like using 5 distance Nikes. I don't have to tell you about mapping, your a legend and you already know the rest of it. I had problem when I started using the distance balls, with coming out long. I had to adjust. Happy Hitting Don
    I can make the adjustment. I do when playing coin games. My point is that in the coin games the shown yardage on iron is reflected for whatever apparel bonus there is. In clash I was getting the bonus but it's not displayed. and I was playing on my tablet. Like the guy above me. anyone that plays on mobile for clashes is going to have same problem. If wearing apparel. They just might not figure out why.
RSS