Help › Forums

Draw and Fade?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 22 2009 2:53 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TonyPags26
    4 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2009 11:15 PM

Can anyone please tell me if its possible to put draw or fade spin on the ball intentionally with more than one click of the mouse? Thanks for any input -- Tony

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2009 11:39 PM

Not really and/or not yet.

Although some people find that intentionally missing the "Excellent" mark will move the ball (early for a draw, late for a fade) works for them, it really isn't that predictable and robs your shots of serious distance.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 1:02 AM

Im hopeing they add that feature to the spin ball...hint hint

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 1:11 AM

Not true snake, a "mishit" driver sailing w/ the wind direction will typically go further than a dinged shot.   Sometimes into the wind also from what I've seen.

• TarheelsRule
    5,478 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 7:25 AM

Mishit ball in my opinion tend to rob your shot of distance.  It is true that a mishit ball will ride the wind and go further left or right but I don't believe you get more total distance out of it than you would get out of a ball struck perfectly.  I tend to try to use the left or right of center hits to control the break of a putt but never on a full shot.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 11:37 AM

Tar, it's not speculation on my part, mishits hit CORRECTLY to maximize distance DO go further than dinged shots, its not an opinion, it's fact.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 11:58 AM

I'm thinking we need a driving range, flat topography, no wind, in order to prove or disprove that theory.  Or WGT could jump in here with the real facts... which only they know for sure.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 12:06 PM

TarheelsRule:
    I tend to try to use the left or right of center hits to control the break of a putt but never on a full shot.
    Exactly my MO as well.  I will rarely move the aim'er on a putt, preferring instead to hit early or late as needed.. but I will almost ALWAYS strive for "Excellent" shots with everything but the putter.

But that's just me and I'm not a Master.. so, what do I know??

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 12:11 PM

Double, "mishits" for distance only work by incorporating the wind.  Under the conditions you suggested, a dinged shot will go further as far as I know.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 12:25 PM

Bollox... I hear you.  Aha, so now our driving range will need a controllable and consistant wind factored in.  One that we can place at say, 12mph straight downwind. and keep it there for practicing multiple shots.  WGT, are you listening?  I would love to test your hypothesis (or fact).  Very cool if it works!

• PAGES
RSS