Forums

Help › Forums

putting & lies

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 3 2011 10:50 AM (4 replies)
  • leilou
    19 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2011 5:30 AM

Can anyone tell me if the wind on the greens affect the put? Also, when reading the green the dots move faster at first then tend to slow down,when is the best time to read?

Does the up/down lie affect the shot from say the fairway?

Cheers

Ade

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2011 7:09 AM

leilou:

Can anyone tell me if the wind on the greens affect the put? Also, when reading the green the dots move faster at first then tend to slow down,when is the best time to read?

Cheers

Ade

hi

1. yes wind does affect putt but very little. how little? i do not know but this is generally only can be seen (for sure) on heavy winds and long putts

2. you should read them all, faster dots=more break

3. yes it doesnt, uphill plays longer and runs, downhill shorter and stops.. but it's not as simple as I have made it though. Wind, spin, place you hit it from also makes a difference.

-wgticon

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2011 12:52 PM

leilou:

Can anyone tell me if the wind on the greens affect the put?

Also, when reading the green the dots move faster at first then tend to slow down,when is the best time to read?

1. Very little, if any. 

2. The dots' movements remain constant. 

3. No, though I believe that feature is planned. 

• hawk0717
    7 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2011 4:25 PM

Listen, can anyone share with me the techniques for chipping and pitching well in wgt golf games. I am totally baffled. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hawk0717

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2011 10:50 AM

hawk0717:

Listen, can anyone share with me the techniques for chipping and pitching well in wgt golf games. I am totally baffled. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hawk0717

sure, check this

-wgticon

RSS